Mounts home from Namibia at last!

dory

AH fanatic
Joined
Feb 23, 2014
Messages
852
Reaction score
806
Location
stewart island
Media
23
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
New Zealand . Namibia .
Yip !
They all arrived the other day on our wee island paradise .
Am I stoked with them ? You bet .
The taxidermist in Namibia has made a great jod of them
IMG_0254.JPG
IMG_0257.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG
 
My trophy room is just starting to be built .
these photos are just off my phone .
when everything is finished and in the right place ill do a full post on them all .
But they really have done a good job .
Cheers Dory .
 
Great looking trophies @dory! Congrats.
 
Dory, they look fantastic. How many mt Zebra you got there?
The Blue Wildebeest skin will look great on the floor. I am still waiting on mine, maybe before xmas.
Also as a matter of interest your skull mount Kudu looks longer and heavier than the shoulder mount. Just wondering your decision on each?
 
Thanks for sharing - they all look really good. I like the wildebeest hide too - the sheen is really cool.
 
WOW! Cheers to you Dory.
 
(y)

Dory, they look fantastic. How many mt Zebra you got there?
The Blue Wildebeest skin will look great on the floor. I am still waiting on mine, maybe before xmas.
Also as a matter of interest your skull mount Kudu looks longer and heavier than the shoulder mount. Just wondering your decision on each?

Great day for you. It is soooooooo hard to wait on the final chapter of the whole hunt. Glad that you are happy with the work that your Namibian taxidermist did for your. I know it is only cell phone photos ... but they do look awesome!

PS I have to agree ... the euro mount does look to be deserving of its own shoulder mount ... maybe Neale and I are just biased for kudu shoulder mounts (y)!
 
Christmas came early
 
Glad you are happy with the results.
The house will be full soon enough.
 
Very nice congrats!
 
Dory, they look fantastic. How many mt Zebra you got there?
The Blue Wildebeest skin will look great on the floor. I am still waiting on mine, maybe before xmas.
Also as a matter of interest your skull mount Kudu looks longer and heavier than the shoulder mount. Just wondering your decision on each?
Good spotting sir .
There are 2 mountain zebra stallion skins .
One has a felt back and will be a centre piece as a floor ma in our new dinning room .
The second has been tanned only and will be used to make furniture .
The wife said we will need another skin to complete the pices she has in mind .?
That means I have to go back and hunt another stallion , Bugger !!!:sneaky:
The skull mount kudu is 53 and the wall mount is only 47 inch .
It buged me the whole trip as to which one to mount as I only have room for one
The bigger one just didnt look that good at the time and I feel in love with the spread on the smaller one .
The head skin on the bigger one was a real mess with scars and hair missing so i gambled on the smaller mount .
The scull mount has come out looking great but i still like the spread on the smaller one
The photo dosnt really do it justice but is does look good front on .
IMG_1295.jpg
namibia 2 - 209.jpg
 
They look nice dory, congrats!
 
Oh so NICE!
 
Got to keep the wife happy, go get another zebra.
Glad you are happy with your mounts.
Looking forward to seeing your new trophy room with the mounts. Forrest
 
Nice! I know how excited you are! I felt the same way several weeks ago when I received my first shipment of my Namibian trophies. Now I just found out my Nyala and lechwe are in route from my "mini" South African hunt. I'm excited to see Paul's work on my trophies .
 
Very nice! Congrats!
 
Dory, I understand what you are saying. They are all fine trophies.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,294
Messages
1,570,857
Members
169,039
Latest member
MoisesVasq
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top