Mounted scope travel

jonezy

New member
Joined
Nov 29, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
8
Location
belvidere il
I am planning my first trip to SA. I was wondering how many people travel with there scopes mounted? I plan on using a Pelican 1750 case. Would I be better off putting it in my carry on? Thanks for any advise you can give me.
 
You’re set with that case. Lock it and go
 
Agreed. Four locks and go.
 
Traveled a few times with scope mounted, no problem.
 
Have the same case and traveled from New York to New Zealand without issue. Rest easy. You’ll be fine.
 
I have that same case, kept scope mounted. I know others will tell you not to.
 
I am planning my first trip to SA. I was wondering how many people travel with there scopes mounted? I plan on using a Pelican 1750 case. Would I be better off putting it in my carry on? Thanks for any advise you can give me.
Pelican! Are you kidding? Seriously you will have no problem with a scoped Rifle in my favorite case.
I hope you have a great safari.
Philip
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,429
Members
169,357
Latest member
trailrivet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top