Monuments

nztimb

AH ambassador
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
5,410
Reaction score
22,341
Media
1,632
Articles
6
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
4
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
It was our anniversery yesterday so we went for a drive up a back road along the river and stopped at a town 40 odd minutes away. I had driven through this town every week on the way to work and home again and never stopped but at the long rest area on the outskirts of town there was a small mobile fast food business set up. With the jab pass required for all cafe's etc. which we are unable to access, this was the perfect solution. No masks and no BS, just plain old fashioned good food and great service from the young couple so we ordered a very nice fish (blue cod) light meal and drove down the park to the towns art monument to its history. Had a flask so made us a coffee and enjoyed our meal and the ambiance of the area. The monument was made from multiple sheets of 3/16 steel with some stunning art touches added to show how the town began and what the local area produces. The little houses bridges etc had stainless weld to make the "stonework" show. It was about 20 ft by 8ft so a good sized art piece.

Show us the art or other monuments in your own areas or areas you have seen on your travels.
20220130_162421.jpg


20220130_164522.jpg


20220130_164552.jpg


20220130_164602.jpg


20220130_164627.jpg


20220130_164651.jpg


20220130_165005.jpg



Then on the way home I got these shots of the new bridge they have just started to build to replace to very old one way bridge that has been talked about for very many years. they have just started to do the pile work on the far side of the river.



20220130_171628.jpg
 
Von Gruff, it sounds like you and the bride had a nice little get away. That monument was creative to say the least. Happy belated Anniversary.
 
Yes, very nice little jaunt on your anniversary. In our busy lives, we often forget there are simple treasures “for the soul” hidden in plain sight. You found one today.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,351
Messages
1,573,800
Members
169,855
Latest member
ryoutarimthe1987
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top