Mixology report, whats your favorite mixed drink?

In Australia we have Bundaberg Rum,
Most drink it with Coke.
It has been done with Lemonade, I like it in Ginger beer best.
Ive had it in Orange Juice
The other day @Bob Nelson 35Whelen said try it in iced tea with lemon, wtf?

I was sick so it couldn't hurt. I added a little water I like my tea weak.
It's not bad, worth a try.
16179383311537349754884524341649.jpg

Ok, here goes. You want some home brew ?
I will give the easy concoction.
5 gal water
5lbs sugar
Stuff a loaf of bread in a sock
Put in 10lbs of fruit, your preference
Let it set 3 days covered to keep the bugs out
Then sift it through a stocking
Chill and enjoy !
Wow! You could probably make that on a Safari? Use the guys' Rigby shooting socks to strain the nectar at the end of the process. I don't know how you would chill it though? Maybe bury it in a snowbank?

In Australia we have Bundaberg Rum,
Most drink it with Coke.
It has been done with Lemonade, I like it in Ginger beer best.
Ive had it in Orange Juice
The other day @Bob Nelson 35Whelen said try it in iced tea with lemon, wtf?

I was sick so it couldn't hurt. I added a little water I like my tea weak.
It's not bad, worth a try.
View attachment 397052
No, not the Bundy rum!

Wow! You could probably make that on a Safari? Use the guys' Rigby shooting socks to strain the nectar at the end of the process. I don't know how you would chill it though? Maybe bury it in a snowbank?
The biggest keys is the sugar and the bread as yeast. Then 3 days to ferment.
Not sure about the socks?
Hopefully they are clean. Lmao

The biggest keys is the sugar and the bread as yeast. Then 3 days to ferment.
Not sure about the socks?
Hopefully they are clean. Lmao
After the first cup of that stuff, would it REALLY MATTER if they were clean? Ha! Ha! Ha!

I have a very select few mixed drinks.

1. Single malt Scotch in a Glencairn glass. Sometimes with a tiny bit of water.
2. J&B Scotch in a glass with an ice ball.
3. J&B Scotch with Dr. Pepper. I usually do 6-8oz J&(depending on how bad the day was) and 24oz Dr.
4. Homemade Irish Cream in my (black as sin and strong enough to bend nails) coffee. For the few Saturdays I just get to be home.
5. Bloody Mary (6oz low sodium V8, 2oz vodka, 1 TBSP Franks Red Hot, 1TBSP Worcestershire sauce, celery seed crushed in a mortar and pestle, and 4-6 pickled asparagus sprigs).

I have a very select few mixed drinks.

1. Single malt Scotch in a Glencairn glass. Sometimes with a tiny bit of water.
2. J&B Scotch in a glass with an ice ball.
3. J&B Scotch with Dr. Pepper. I usually do 6-8oz J&(depending on how bad the day was) and 24oz Dr.
4. Homemade Irish Cream in my (black as sin and strong enough to bend nails) coffee. For the few Saturdays I just get to be home.
5. Bloody Mary (6oz low sodium V8, 2oz vodka, 1 TBSP Franks Red Hot, 1TBSP Worcestershire sauce, celery seed crushed in a mortar and pestle, and 4-6 pickled asparagus sprigs).
The jb and dr pepper sounds interesting. I dont think I have ever had any drink with dr pepper.

Ok, here goes. You want some home brew ?
I will give the easy concoction.
5 gal water
5lbs sugar
Stuff a loaf of bread in a sock
Put in 10lbs of fruit, your preference
Let it set 3 days covered to keep the bugs out
Then sift it through a stocking
Chill and enjoy !

Jail House Brandy. Someone been to the “big house”?

Back in the day I drank what I called an “Old Dirty Old Fashioned”. It was three orange wedges squeezed and then dumped in the glass (actually a tall tumbler), two tsp sugar, about 6 hits of Angostura and a dash of water. mix it all up, then fill with crushed ice. Then fill what’s left with bourbon. It’s not as strong as you think, but most people hated it.

Back in the day I drank what I called an “Old Dirty Old Fashioned”. It was three orange wedges squeezed and then dumped in the glass (actually a tall tumbler), two tsp sugar, about 6 hits of Angostura and a dash of water. mix it all up, then fill with crushed ice. Then fill what’s left with bourbon. It’s not as strong as you think, but most people hated it.
It sounds really strong !
So u got me, i will try it. Lol

Anybody ever cut a hole in a watermelon and pour vodka in it and then eat the watermelon after the vodka soaks through the melon? I was somewhere once when that was done, and it actually was pretty good.

The jb and dr pepper sounds interesting. I dont think I have ever had any drink with dr pepper.

When I was right out of college, every year a group of us would take a goose hunting trip to Southern Illinois. We shot a few geese and a drank A LOT of alcohol. One of the drinks the other guys did was Dr. Pepper and Ciclone. I think there is still a bottle with about an inch in it, in a closet in my house from the last trip more than a decade ago.

When I was right out of college, every year a group of us would take a goose hunting trip to Southern Illinois. We shot a few geese and a drank A LOT of alcohol. One of the drinks the other guys did was Dr. Pepper and Ciclone. I think there is still a bottle with about an inch in it, in a closet in my house from the last trip more than a decade ago.
Dont try to be nostalgic and drink it. Lmao

Sweet Tea and Small Batch Bourbon is a very good drink.
Ingredients:
- Cup of sweet tea
- Splash of bourbon to your hearts desire.

It takes the burn out of the bourbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois