Maybe I am doing something right

Petey J

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 31, 2020
Messages
211
Reaction score
549
Location
Northwest Central Illinois
Media
25
Articles
2
Member of
Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited, Life Member NRA, North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association
I am at home for a couple weeks of paternity leave after my wife and I welcomed our son to the world, joining his older sisters (4 and 2).

We’re all lounging in the Den, and I turn on a YouTube video of Cape Buffalo Hunting. The 4 year old sees the thumbnail, and exclaims “Oh yeah, the BULL!”

She then watches a little more, only to begin explaining that she wants to go with Papa (me) to Africa to hunt Cape Buffalo, and that we each need rifles built for us. And that she wants to eat Buffalo.

So, maybe I am doing something right.
 
You definitely are. My own children are my best hunting partners.
IMG_1790.jpeg
IMG_2852.jpeg
 
Congrats on your son, and your daughters as well. I still need to get mine to Africa. But we do what we can here.

My youngest with her first bear. He squared 8.5 and had a 26 12/16 skull.

IMG_11.jpg
 
Why, thank you. Are you a fellow vintage car afficianado ?
No my interest lie mostly in hunting and ranching ,but the car looks like one my Mother drove in the 50,S. and it was either a packard or oldsmobile.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,242
Messages
1,569,388
Members
168,670
Latest member
Sammy9289
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top