Mauser vs Rigby

Ha, yessir! Actually I did that… 8mm M98 and .275 Rigby.

Both are great guns. Forced to choose just one… I’d pick the Rigby. The refinements in the stock finish and traditional shape are wonderful.
Lol!!! I did! Bought the Rigby in 275 Rigby then the Mauser in 375 H&H

Aren’t new rifles with thumb cuts and stripper clips illegal to import into the US?

I believe Mauser makes the barreled actions for Rigby…and maybe machine inlets the stocks with Rigby doing final finish.
So, they are very similar.

Aren’t new rifles with thumb cuts and stripper clips illegal to import into the US?

Really? Wow! What an idea. Sure way to stop all evil for sure...

I believe Mauser makes the barreled actions for Rigby…and maybe machine inlets the stocks with Rigby doing final finish.
So, they are very similar.
They are both owned by L&O Holding GmbH and yes the rifles are made in the same plant with finishing done at Rigby in London. They also own Blaser, JP Sauer & Sohn and SIG.

Also, Rigby has a long tradition of using actions from another manufacturer for their rifles. I know they were using CZ550 actions on their rifels, including the London Best for quite a while. Of course they were hand worked by the shop in London, but the raw action was the same as a CZ.

They are both owned by L&O Holding GmbH and yes the rifles are made in the same plant with finishing done at Rigby in London. They also own Blaser, JP Sauer & Sohn and SIG.

Also, Rigby has a long tradition of using actions from another manufacturer for their rifles. I know they were using CZ550 actions on their rifels, including the London Best for quite a while. Of course they were hand worked by the shop in London, but the raw action was the same as a CZ.
Brno 602s also they used for a while.

I dont understand why a new production Mauser would have stripper clip notches...a mounted scope would render them unusable. Perhaps Mauser is just using the same machine set up for hunting rifles as they may for a historic version?

I dont understand why a new production Mauser would have stripper clip notches...a mounted scope would render them unusable. Perhaps Mauser is just using the same machine set up for hunting rifles as they may for a historic version?
The current production Rigby rifles have it as well.

Very similar. Back in the old days, a company would change the loading of a common cartridge and put their name on the entire round as a way to gain a bigger share of the pie or so they could sell firearms chambered for a common round w/o putting the competition's name on their gun.

My 2017 Highland Stalker does not have a cut out for stripper clips.
The Rigby and Mauser share a little cutout on the top of the action, but lack the little lips that would hold a stripper clip in place.
1673205283165.png

Yeah, sort of square notched on the modern ones
D50D6D30-8067-4279-BF55-05167E906714.jpeg
15E83808-AB22-4526-9DEE-72A91A775009.jpeg

Hexalock bases. Meh, they’re OK. Kind of a C student in that world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg