Mauser 25

Finger banged one at the local and at Jagd and Hund earlier in the year.

It's a modern Mauser 66 with Blaseresque interface.
 
According to Mauser, it's a new straight pull action and is everything for the hunter and, "..everything except a status symbol."

As much as I love the 98, I can't get too excited about any of the newer Mauser rifles.
It is pretty hard to improve on perfection.
 
Mauser m12 was for a time on my wish list.
But it is also a rifle that has pressed in barrels to the receiver.
For the owners with gunsmithing and barrel changing ideas this is not first choice.
2nd hand rifle in barel burner calibers is also not the best choice.

M18 is budget gun.

M25 is not blaser r8.

This way of thinking leads me to conclusion that m98 is still the only serious choice.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,440
Messages
1,576,423
Members
170,582
Latest member
BrenK
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top