Mannlicher Schoenauer

yamoon

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jun 11, 2022
Messages
404
Reaction score
1,652
Location
Junction City, Ks
Member of
NRA Life, ASSRA, GGCA
Back in 2019 I was infected with the MS disease, so I bought an MCA stutzen online. The price was right, but the caliber was not exactly what I would preferred, yes Bob a 243. When it arrived, I was very disappointed, the rifle was built in 1963 and was like new, I put it on the scale almost 9 pounds, 20 inch barrel with scope and wide leather sling. I wanted a light quick handling carbine, I got an overweight pig. I was determined to hunt it anyway. 2021 got Covid during deer season, 2022 came down with Plantar Fasciitis and could hardly walk, 2023 didn’t get back from NZ & Australia until season was half over, this year God willing and the creek don’t rise, I will be out among them on opening day. Going to the range tomorrow make sure the pig is still sighted in.
Mike
 
The 1963 models have a much different stock than the pre-war variants, and that is a good bit of your weight. Also, post war models share an action that is a bit larger as well. Even though you have a .243, the action is actually the same as a .30-06. My M1903 weighs in at six and a half without the scope mounted. How much does your scope weigh?

Have fun with this rifle, and then get your hands on a pre-war model!
 
The 1963 models have a much different stock than the pre-war variants, and that is a good bit of your weight. Also, post war models share an action that is a bit larger as well. Even though you have a .243, the action is actually the same as a .30-06. My M1903 weighs in at six and a half without the scope mounted. How much does your scope weigh?

Have fun with this rifle, and then get your hands on a pre-war model!
I weighed it without scope and sling I don’t remember the exact weight, but it was over 8 lbs. Shot it today with Norma Whitetail ammo, average velocity from a 20 inch barrel was 2770 fps.
Mike
 
The 1963 models have a much different stock than the pre-war variants, and that is a good bit of your weight.

Stoeger, 1962:
MS Model MCA 1962 Stoeger.jpg
 
N

After the disappointment with the MCA I bought a 1910 9.5x57 full stock. Bought a recoil shield today to work up some loads.
Mike
My M1910 was I believe made in 1910 or 1911... Scope is on Viennese mounts, sold by Johann Springer Erben (and so marked), weighs in at 7 pounds, 3 ounces, not loaded, no sling.

I'm away from my rifles right now, but remind me in a month. I have an M1903 proofed in 1922. The original stock was cracked, a smith in Stuttgart found a post-war stock for it. I can post a photo of the two stocks side by side, and you can easily see the differences. The pre-war stock is much more svelte. What I really need is someone with a stock duplicator so I can have a nice one made.
 
I have always wanted a British proofed M1910 9.5x57 MS. I do have an early MS in 256 (6.5x54) by the English Gunmaker Henry Atkin. I had it restocked duplicating the original stock and checking as well as had an EAW side mount and scope added. The rifle is still very light after adding the scope.
MS13.JPG
MS14.JPG
MS9.jpg
MS3.jpg
MS8.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,504
Members
169,751
Latest member
RickieCayt
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top