AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Namibia, Cameroon, Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
20160416_155933.jpg

This is just to let AH members about how much fun you can have while supporting conservation in Niger. ten years ago, Manday was started as a backlash against Valentines Day. NO WOMEN ALLOWED. It was a day to blow things up, shoot things, demolition derby, cooking meat over a fire, etc. I have been involved since about year two, when we had about 50 men show up. Last year we had almost 400 men show up and the best part is we raised in one day $73,000. That money ALL goes to fund water well drilling in Niger. in Jan-march the crews drilled over 80 water wells in Niger for people who had no fresh water. If you have been to areas of Africa with no fresh water, you can understand what a fresh well can do for the health and wellness of the 800 or so people it serves.

Enough about the conservation, lets talk about the day. Opening ceremonies begin with a tannerite-loaded teddy bear meeting its end with a bang, the firing line opens with anything from .22 targets at 10 yds for pistol to 500 and 600 yard gongs for the .50 cal barrett. you can shoot full-auto weapons for just a dollar a round. of course, on full auto it doesn't take too long to run a hundred round belt through a weapon. The firing range runs about three hours, skeet shooting clays all day, then the auction and the pond race starts which ends up being a demolition derby. Even remote controlled trucks loaded with tannerite are blown up. My purpose today other than to help host was to see how my .375 H&H with a solid would perform on an engine block. My target was the car that had been shot all day by thousands of the full auto, but no rounds except mine were through the engine block. Of course, no solids were shot from the full autos. The hole from the .375 was so clean I could see daylight all the way through. It doesn't show in the picture, but here is the exit hole. The day ends with a group picture and a shot from a mortar built by my nephew that shoots bowling balls over 600 yds. If I am able, I will post the link to the facebook page.

Last edited by a moderator:
K-Man where In Oklahoma did you do this. Sounds like a blast to me! And you guys raised a lot if money for a great cause!

By Ames, Northwest Oklahoma. Check out the facebook page Manday, Oklahoma. lots of pictures, videos, etc. Love to see you next year. By the way, that hole is from a .375 DGS hornady. sorry guys, its all I had.....(especially you, Gizmo)

Looks like the DGS did it's job! Dead engine block!

Wow, sounds like a good time! Congrats on the funds raised and good times had!

Sounds like a blast K.

If you get a date set for next year, let me know.

Good job raising the funds.

The date is USUALLY 40 days after valentine's but that fell on Easter weekend this year, so it got moved a bit later. People really step up when they know the exact place and who is doing the work. Kind of like some of the P.H.'s on here that build schools, fund anti-poaching patrols, etc.

Here's a couple more pics I thought you would like. Final count, 450 men. Zero cursing, no fights, no whining...
Other pic is my nephew's bowling ball mortar.

Man Day Group.jpg
Mortar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Good Clean Man Fun to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross