Man Cave Decor

Doyled96

AH member
Reaction score
Has anyone found, made or otherwise acquired W.D.M. Bell sketches as wall art for their hunting rooms/man caves? I think it'd be awesome to have his sketches as detailed as they are. Not to mention how important they are to determine shot placement on those beautiful African elephants.

No, but I bought some beautiful, numbered art from a South African Artist thanks to @mdwest. Here is the link.

I purchased the Big-5

1713564633567.png

Should you be interested in paintings rather than the specific sketches of bell or perhaps Ruark, I have always felt that John Seery-Lester was our finest contemporary wildlife and "adventure" artist. Regrettably, he passed away four years ago. The originals are eye wateringly expensive, but the giclee canvas prints are affordable and look great in man cave or trophy room. One of the books also makes a great addition to a game room.

lester4.jpg

No, but I bought some beautiful, numbered art from a South African Artist thanks to @mdwest. Here is the link.

I purchased the Big-5

View attachment 600301

We’ve got quite a bit of Anet’s work in our home. We’ve also got the big five, plus a zebra print, a commissioned oil painting of an elephant, and she is currently working on another commissioned work of a herd of sable in a field for us..

I can’t say enough positive things about Anet.. not only is she an incredible artist, she is genuinely an incredible human being, and the price point for her work is extremely low compared to its quality and value (like 1/3 to 1/5 the price you’ll see from similar quality art created by artists with similar awards and experience, etc)…

My wife and I have been truly blessed to meet and get to know her…

Last Christmas I was given a few Northern Territory maps with sketches added to them.
I like them. Will find link to website if anybody interested.
Please share, I would love to see other maps they have to offer too

We’ve got quite a bit of Anet’s work in our home. We’ve also got the big five, plus a zebra print, a commissioned oil painting of an elephant, and she is currently working on another commissioned work of a herd of sable in a field for us..

I can’t say enough positive things about Anet.. not only is she an incredible artist, she is genuinely an incredible human being, and the price point for her work is extremely low compared to its quality and value (like 1/3 to 1/5 the price you’ll see from similar quality art created by artists with similar awards and experience, etc)…

My wife and I have been truly blessed to meet and get to know her…
How did you commission the art work?

Here is the link to her website,
No commission, I liked several which she had on her website, my wife grabbed a couple of them for me.
I believe she would do commissions though.

How did you commission the art work?

I can provide you with her WhatsApp or email address (whatsapp seems to be the most effective, fastest way to get in touch) if youre interesting in speaking with her..

For commissioning, its honestly a very simple process.. If you have an idea/concept, you just get with Anet and let her know what youre looking for.. if you dont have the details worked out (what sort of medium? oil, watercolor, charcoal, etc? or even specifically what animal/scene/pose, etc) she will walk through everything with you from color schemes that will work best in your home, to size of the art, etc..

She's been pretty busy lately with commissioned works.. but still manages to turn them around much quicker than most artists I believe.. depending on the size of the work youre looking for, its complexity, etc.. I'd guess you'd be looking at a 6-8 month turn around to have something painted and delivered to your door..

Post #27 in this thread has a pic of the elephant painting she did for us.. The pic honestly does not do it justice.. in person it is a no kidding emotion invoking piece... several members of AH have seen it (Its on display in my house and we had more than 50 members over for a party back in January during DSC).. the price I paid for it was insanely low (WAY below what similar work was going for at DSC.. like 1/4 - 1/5 in most cases if not less.. and that was for work other artists had hanging on the wall for sale as opposed to a custom, commissioned piece made specifically for our home, using a specified color palate, made to a specified size (we needed something to fit a specific space in the house), etc..etc..

I know Ive said it several times prior.. but I'll say it again.. the single best thing about working with Anet isnt the quality of the art or the price (although both are simply amazing).. its working with Anet herself... she is a genuine, kind, loving, person, that isnt just saying the words, she means it when she tells you her purpose in life is serving God, and to use her art to build relationships with his people..

She's an incredible woman.. well worth supporting..

FWIW there have been 4 or 5 AH members at this point commission work with Anet.. the first member (other than myself) just got his painting(s) delivered recently and there is another couple that should be getting delivered soon.. and then a few more that Im going to pick up while we are in SA in July and bring back for members (hopefully our next piece will be ready by then as well)..

Anet is growing in popularity outside of South Africa (she was the 2023 wildlife artist of the year for the entire African continent (named at a big conference in Namibia that year) and already had a reasonable following in South Africa... but now that she is starting to be noticed abroad, Im going to guess the value of her art (and prints) and the time it takes to get said art delivered is going to go up pretty dramatically.. (which is why we already have a second piece being worked on, and are giving a lot of thought to a third piece right now)...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoniaMedla

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.