Looking for people who have hunted Ocellated Turkey...

biggiesmalls

AH member
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of the outfitters in Mexico that offer ocellated turkey hunts usually offer them as "combo hunts" with other species including a bunch of upland bird species, currasow, coati, agouti/paca, peccary, brocket deer, and even larger game like cougar/whitetail deer.

I'd like to hear from people that have been on a hunt like this before - did you hunt any other species while you were there? Are there species you would've like to have hunted while you were there?
What species would you consider definitely worth the time to target alongside the turkey?

Take care,
Drew

Are you looking to start or complete a "slam"?
Are you looking to hunt an oceolla turkey?
OR
Are looking to hunt turkeys outside the U.S.?
There are outfitters in Florida that hunt oceolla's and/or eastern eastern turkeys and you can hunt hogs and gators.

Are you looking to start or complete a "slam"?
Are you looking to hunt an oceolla turkey?
OR
Are looking to hunt turkeys outside the U.S.?
There are outfitters in Florida that hunt oceolla's and/or eastern eastern turkeys and you can hunt hogs and gators.
Looking to hunt ocellated turkeys, outside of the US. Not osceola - completely different species (not my pic below).
ad6bc233-f23e-446e-a421-d89dd6d87078.jpg

They're in the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico. I guess since they're so far in the jungle, and there are so many other species available as "incidentals", it's common for outfitters to offer other species on the trip. There are lots available, I want to get some feedback from people who have hunted here as to which species are worth extra time/trophy fees to pursue with the turkey.

Attachments

• ad6bc233-f23e-446e-a421-d89dd6d87078.jpg
    ad6bc233-f23e-446e-a421-d89dd6d87078.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 314
Last edited by a moderator:
Check with “getducks.com”-I’ve done some taxidermy for guys who booked with them that were very happy with their hunts.

Yeah this is the last one I need for my world slam but not sure I want to go to Mexico right now. I realize that is in the safe area, just I dont know, was looking at 2021/22 and alot can happen between now and then. I did find one guy that seemed to be reasonably priced with good success rate. I will PM you his info once I dig it up.

Biggiesmall, I live in Mérida Yucatan And I'v hunted ocelated turkeys. I have a friend who has a ranch and host hunter and he has all The permits. He is a young succssesful business man, avid hunter and excelente shotgun shooter, he does not speaks English, but his son does.
Yucatan is probably The safest state in all México And his ranch is 45 minutes away from Mérida.
I'v being there once, he had predators problmem (coyotes) and he asked me and another friend to go and hunt coyotes, we did not see any. But while I was in a rifle stand and at 200 yards was a whather pit and 4 turkeys apeared and stayed for half hour ad then one came all The way where I was at 50 yards, in The way back I saw another turkey. He has avery high population of ocelated turkeys, best season is from March to May, wheather may be very hot by noon, And The success rate is very.... Very high. There are also white tail deer.
This is y fried's son phone number:

Carlos López (jr.) +521 9991295348

My friend Carlos López (sr.) ' office E mail adress is:
calipan2103@hotmail.com

Get in touch if Interested.

I hope This helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg