Looking for information

dobber

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Have a buddy planning his first trip, we were talking about it yesterday and I noted that the Jo'burg airport he could purchase springbok and zebra skins, so looking for an updated price on them. So if anyone is passing through the airport or recently bought one could you please let me know

Thanks

Sadly, Out of Africa does not have a useable website. Hope someone can help.

When I was through there last September I actually stopped and looked for the price of a zebra rug, I 'think' I recall them being around 1100.00 US. I sure hope I am remembering correctly.

One thing that you might consider is your layover in Joberg, if you have a connecting flight.

Last June I didn't have any free time to shop, by the time that I got everything rechecked, through security and to the gate it was time to board.

We were there 30 days ago, with the exchange rate at that time the zebra skins varied depending upon grade/size between $900 & $1050.

I didn't look at price of springbok hides

Several stores in the airport carried them and $1000 for a zebra. There are different grades of skin so it varies a bit depending on age and condition as near as I could tell-

When I was through there last September I actually stopped and looked for the price of a zebra rug, I 'think' I recall them being around 1100.00 US. I sure hope I am remembering correctly.
I think you are remembering that correctly. I was there in August. I wanted to say that I saw a zebra skin at about $1200. So if you're wrong we both are

Appreciate the feed back, been 3 years since going through there and thought it was around that $1000 mark

Cheers

Appreciate the feed back, been 3 years since going through there and thought it was around that $1000 mark

Cheers
Just gone through the airport now on my way to Zambia.
Zebra skins range between R15,000 and R22,000

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross