Looking For A Rifle

Martin77

AH veteran
Joined
Nov 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
331
Media
19
I am looking for a 300 H&H….can anyone recommend a custom maker that they have had a good experience with. Thank you for any suggestions you may have.
 
I am looking for a 300 H&H….can anyone recommend a custom maker that they have had a good experience with. Thank you for any suggestions you may have.
What length of pull do you need? Are you at all interested in something already built or do you really want to have one made?

Also to give you the type of recommendations you want, you probably should provide more info. Such as do you want classic Walnut and blued steel? Fancy checkering and maybe some engraving? Or do you want a composite stock and stainless barrel, or a carbon fiber wrapped barrel? Etc;)
 
Single shot or bolt gun?
 
What length of pull do you need? Are you at all interested in something already built or do you really want to have one made?

Also to give you the type of recommendations you want, you probably should provide more info. Such as do you want classic Walnut and blued steel? Fancy checkering and maybe some engraving? Or do you want a composite stock and stainless barrel, or a carbon fiber wrapped barrel? Etc;)
Good questions. I have used one of the top guys out there, Mark Brown of Brown's Precision Rifles to build two tack drivers for me. But he builds them on his Fiberglass/Kevlar/Graphite custom stocks unless you provide a wood stock.

His dad Chet pretty much invented synthetic stocks way back in 1968....but Mark has perfected them.

He will build on Rem 700 or Win 70 Actions (with or without CRF)

 

Attachments

What length of pull do you need? Are you at all interested in something already built or do you really want to have one made?

Also to give you the type of recommendations you want, you probably should provide more info. Such as do you want classic Walnut and blued steel? Fancy checkering and maybe some engraving? Or do you want a composite stock and stainless barrel, or a carbon fiber wrapped barrel? Etc;)

LOP 13 3/4 it doesn’t have to be custom. Classic walnut stock and blued steel Mauser action. Just a good workhorse. Nothing fancy…I don’t want to have to worry about taking it out in the field.
 
Quite a few listed on GB, I am sure you can find what you are looking for there. Good luck.
 
Give LeRoy Barry a call.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,845
Members
169,435
Latest member
hanthanhvien
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top