Looking For 600 NE Rifle

Not to deviate too far from the original post, but what year was this. That looks like Otto Sr and he passed in the 90s IIRC.
Yes Mike...that is him!..We lost him last year..damn Cancer..He took me under his wing 30 years back and we hunted Africa Alaska and S.America many times together..A incredible successful man and accomplished world class hunter (and person!) We logged many hours together in lodges and tents...I am still very close with his 3 sons and gf of 25 years (Linda) He was a wealth of knowledge and amazing shot.He got a kick out of me and my BIG Bore Arsenal! ..He is missed by many
We are in New Orleans area ..You?
Screenshot_20221229-083613_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221229-083747_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221229-083708_Gallery.jpg

A little late to the party, and may not be exactly what you’re after, but I saw this one on Guns International as well as George’s website.

Now that is Nice! Love the wood and dimensions esp the 23" barrels...
If I was headed back to the Dark Continent I would have to own it! (Would do good on some Louisiana Hogs too!)

Hi AZDAVE, I bought both of those WJ Jefferies today, unseen, other than the pics on Guns International. I hope they fit and feel right. I do not like spending that kind of money without seriously checking out the rifles first. William Larkin Moore gave me almost a 10% discount from their listing price on both. Even though they are WJ Jeffery rifles, they were made by Westly Richards, etc., etc., etc.
Congratulations on your purchase @Tim Sundles : looking forward to seeing some pictures and reading about your adventures in Africa with them!

Posting for everyone’s viewing pleasure. Looks like someone may have gotten hacked? Don’t see how to people are listing what appears to be the same rifle..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.30 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.31 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.33 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.35 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.45 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.26.47 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
A little late to the party, and may not be exactly what you’re after, but I saw this one on Guns International as well as George’s website.

THanks for posting that. I enquired about that rifle months ago and it is sold...........not to mention that 12 lbs is too light for my blood.

LEav
@Tim Sundles They are a stunning pair, please let us know how they shoot. Look forward to the first trip report you post from a 600NE hunt. Dan is a good man to work with and glad he gave a discount. Congratulations.
Leaving for Africa in less than a couple weeks and will be gone three months, so it'll be a while before I can work up loads, etc., but I will post pics and load reports on both some time next late spring or early summer. Another thing that amazed me and is a huge compliment to me, is that I got a shipping confirmation from UPS already, so WLM already shipped the rifles although I only mailed them a check yesterday, which they wont get till Saturday, maybe Friday. This world is so full of BS that I take it as a HUGE compliment that they would ship those rifles to me based on my word, although I've purchased from them before.....I'm shocked and very pleased that they trust me......................

Now that is Nice! Love the wood and dimensions esp the 23" barrels...
If I was headed back to the Dark Continent I would have to own it! (Would do good on some Louisiana Hogs too!)
BTW, that Griffin & Howe 600 has an almost identical brother chambered in 500 NE, that I purchased a long time ago. Those rifles were built by Abbiatico and Salivinelli on Thys actions for Griffin and Howe. Mine shoots quite well and was not even close to broken in when I bought it. It is broken in now.

Hi AZDAVE, I bought both of those WJ Jefferies today, unseen, other than the pics on Guns International. I hope they fit and feel right. I do not like spending that kind of money without seriously checking out the rifles first. William Larkin Moore gave me almost a 10% discount from their listing price on both. Even though they are WJ Jeffery rifles, they were made by Westly Richards, etc., etc., etc.
Original Jeffery 600 NE rifles were made by Leondard not WR. Edwinson Green also made rifles for Jeffery.

EJ

@Tim Sundles They are a great couple of guys to work with and They are old school shake you hane and look you in the eye kinda men. As you say very refreshing in this krazy world we live in. Have a great time in Africa. Enjoy every second!!! I am envious.

Dave

Yes Mike...that is him!..We lost him last year..damn Cancer..He took me under his wing 30 years back and we hunted Africa Alaska and S.America many times together..A incredible successful man and accomplished world class hunter (and person!) We logged many hours together in lodges and tents...I am still very close with his 3 sons and gf of 25 years (Linda) He was a wealth of knowledge and amazing shot.He got a kick out of me and my BIG Bore Arsenal! ..He is missed by many
We are in New Orleans area ..You? View attachment 508127View attachment 508128View attachment 508129
I am in south central Louisiana, have passed in through Des Allemends at least 100 times.

I joined the SCI chapter on your end, hope to make an event there soon. I know Dr Jay H.

We are in New Orleans area ..You? View attachment 508127View attachment 508128View attachment 508129
Cool to see a picture of Otto with a bear from Bear Lake. I’ve been there many times. We’ve been using the lodge as a base to get over to the Pacific side from the Bering side for our bear hunts on the Alaskan Peninsula National Wildlife Refuge. I will have to see if there is a similar picture in the Johnson’s lodge at Bear Lake.

Cool to see a picture of Otto with a bear from Bear Lake. I’ve been there many times. We’ve been using the lodge as a base to get over to the Pacific side from the Bering side for our bear hunts on the Alaskan Peninsula National Wildlife Refuge. I will have to see if there is a similar picture in the Johnson’s lodge at Bear Lake.
Small world as they say!
I have hunted Bear Lake Lodge 5x so far!
I got my Monster Bear (29 5/16) there in 97 and another in 2007...Been there with and without Otto...many great memories and oh what a lodge and place!
Ever in the New Orleans area? Call me and we can do lunch or coffee and exchange lies! will pm you my cell
Screenshot_20221230-144103_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221230-144144_Gallery.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saleh Al Nahdi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.