Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA
Hunted
USA, RSA
I’ll be heading to Tanzania end of July, early August of 2019 for a family photo safari. My original plan was to head to SA before or after for a 7-day buff hunt. I can be gone from the US a max of 16, maybe 18 days (including travel) – and the logistics of adding additional travel into SA on either end of Tanzania looks challenging. At minimum, it looks like I definitely can't bring my own rifle. Thoughts?

Well if you plan on coming and going from RSA, your gun should be no problem other then money. As you are seeing the two travel hubs are JNB and Nairobi.

Well if you plan on coming and going from RSA, your gun should be no problem other then money. As you are seeing the two travel hubs are JNB and Nairobi.
My issue is the extra days of travel to SA - also, if I arrive in SA first I can't then travel to Tanzania with a weapon and vice versa.

Use the outfitters rifle in South Africa!

If you enter and exit thru JNB, you can store your weapon in JNB while in Tanzania and then pick it up on your way out or to hunt. It would involve extra time and money. Having stored my weapon for 2 weeks in JNB, it's very expensive and I would not do it again.

Easy, just book your 7 day buff hunt in Tanzania rather than South Africa(y) no extra travel days involved.

That’s kind of what I’m thinking.

If you enter and exit thru JNB, you can store your weapon in JNB while in Tanzania and then pick it up on your way out or to hunt. It would involve extra time and money. Having stored my weapon for 2 weeks in JNB, it's very expensive and I would not do it again.

Stored a weapon at JNB for a month back in 2006, but I had more time at that point.

Stored a weapon at JNB for a month back in 2006, but I had more time at that point.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve , do you want to hunt in SA after your family trip ?

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve , do you want to hunt in SA after your family trip ?

SA vs Tanzania? Some friends down there. Thinking now may be trying to do too much in one trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosefaShro

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.