locks on carry on

MLindsay

AH enthusiast
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
297
Reaction score
520
Member of
SCI
I use TSA locks on my checked in luggage. What types of locks do I have to use on carry ons. What I am talking about is several times on shorter flights just as I get ready to board I am told I have to check in my carry on, what type of lock can I use?
 
Just carry an extra TSA lock with you as a spare to use if you need it, nothing special needed otherwise
 
I always keep one cable/combinationTSA lock on my carry-on clipped on the side incase of this or if for some reason I need to lock, like leaving at the hotel desk before checking…
 
I just make sure my carryon is small enough to be stowed just about any place overhead, even on packed flights. Women who try to board with max size carryon are the worst offenders for hogging overhead space. Or they have shopping bags of crap they just bought at airport shops. Maybe twice in my life I've had carryon taken and stowed, always dinky planes on short flights. I'm never much worried about anything disappearing on those short hops.

AirTags have certainly revolutionized baggage handling woes. Anyone who doesn't use tracking devices nowadays is taking unnecessary risks.
 
Well I was hoping on using a non-TSA lock. I have had my checked carry on pilfered a couple of times in the U.S. when it was not lockedand a couple of times in Africa. One time in Africa for sure when it was locked with a TSA lock, when I picked it up it was locked but gone through and lost a couple of things.
I believe everybody walking in an airport has a TSA key in his pocket
 
I always keep one cable/combinationTSA lock on my carry-on clipped on the side incase of this or if for some reason I need to lock, like leaving at the hotel desk before checking…
I do the same. It comes in handy when you're among the last to board and all luggage compartments are full.
 
Well I was hoping on using a non-TSA lock. I have had my checked carry on pilfered a couple of times in the U.S. when it was not lockedand a couple of times in Africa. One time in Africa for sure when it was locked with a TSA lock, when I picked it up it was locked but gone through and lost a couple of things.
I believe everybody walking in an airport has a TSA key in his pocket
Just tell the flight attendant that your bag has expensive and fragile camera equipment in it and can’t be checked or they are liable for the contents. They will not want to check it then based on my experience
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,689
Members
169,825
Latest member
tyaumiu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top