Lockable container for ammo

I use a metal one sold by Cabelas that matches my rifle case. It hold six boxes of standard or magnum loads with no problem.

Ditto.... The metal one from cabela's. It wasn't cheap. But it is insulated, can put 2 locks on it. Has a handle, etc. Very solid & nice. Holds 6-8 boxes of bullets.

Royal27, you're close :)

Ammo-cases_zpsuafb32di.jpg

Attachments

• Ammo-cases_zpsuafb32di.jpg
    Ammo-cases_zpsuafb32di.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 127
^^^

LOVE IT!!!!

The Shrek container is brilliant. I bet most thieves would be too embarrassed to steal that.

While we are on the subject of lockable containers for ammo how about locks for them?

I read on another forum that it is advisable to use TSA approved locks just in case our local airport TSA wants to inspect what is inside a locked box without destroying a lock. I know that the TSA lock is only for the US and not SA but a lock is a lock is a lock.

Went in Wall Mart today and picked up a Sentry Safe box....It was in isle with other business containers...Easily holds 4 boxes of 30/06...Has an internal lock with 2 keys and made of metal...Total cost $11..Has a change holder tray which just lifts out...

While we are on the subject of lockable containers for ammo how about locks for them?

I read on another forum that it is advisable to use TSA approved locks just in case our local airport TSA wants to inspect what is inside a locked box without destroying a lock. I know that the TSA lock is only for the US and not SA but a lock is a lock is a lock.
I thought they could open TSA locks in Africa ?
Am I wrong again .
Just spent a bundle buying enough of them for all our gear ?

Pelican 1200 & removed the glued in foam. Two wallyworld cheapo master locks. I've been told by those that know that TSA locks are a waste of money. Everybody and their brother at the airports have keys. I use colored tye-wraps on my checked bags. TSA uses white ones.

It is my understanding that anything that is locked in your checked baggage, except a firearms case, must be a TSA lock. Firearms cases must be locked, but not with TSA locks.

On one of my trips, Shrek had been opened by TSA as there was a TSA note in it when I arrived at my destination.

Like most things that are locked, the locks only prevent the honest people from getting in...

You can use any type of lock anywhere in or on luggage. The TSA approved ones just make it easier for them to inspect. Any other type would be cut or broken. and from then on, the container would be unlocked. I use tie-wraps of different colors.

Using a Different Lock
Federal regulations do not require air travelers to use TSA-accepted luggage locks or remove other types of locks, however passengers using non-TSA-accepted locks do so at their own risk. Should a bag require additional screening, TSA officers have the right to remove the lock to access the contents. Locks that do not open with TSA master keys may be cut from the bag, which may damage the suitcase in addition to destroying the lock. In lieu of a TSA-accepted lock, use plastic cables or zip ties; these can be removed easily by TSA and are inexpensive to replace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldineI

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!