Lion mount help

I agree that the look of jumping to nothing doesn't fit to me. Add another animal to it and its great though. I think the original idea photo is great with a snarling/slightly opened look would be awesome. So it shows the teeth and the aggression I think your looking for. I think the mouth in the 3rd photo would be too open to use with the 1st photo as its more of a roaring, stationary look. I'm also a big fan of the stalking look.

Bsums, I think your right. What I really need to do is go shoot another so I can do both. Lol. If only it were that easy.

a59d5eb2557eca28f102586da381962d

I think this facial expression/mouth could look good with the running pose.

Attachments

• a59d5eb2557eca28f102586da381962d.jpeg
    a59d5eb2557eca28f102586da381962d.jpeg
    709.5 KB · Views: 204
Bsums, I think your right. What I really need to do is go shoot another so I can do both. Lol. If only it were that easy.
Two always beats one. I wonder if your wife will think its as good of an excuse to go back as we all do.

check this out an than you know:

Last edited by a moderator:
Erik,
It is going to cost more but.....get him taking down one of your PG animals, how bad ass would that look at ranch? And you just can't put a price on cool!
Cheers,
Cody

You just need a big bore pig with that lion on top of him.

That could become a very interesting conversation piece.

Erik,
It is going to cost more but.....get him taking down one of your PG animals, how bad ass would that look at ranch? And you just can't put a price on cool!
Cheers,
Cody
Cody you are spot on but the lion is going at my house, sorry. I didn't skin any of the pg out for that and don't have that much room. It would be awesome though.

Cody you are spot on but the lion is going at my house, sorry. I didn't skin any of the pg out for that and don't have that much room. It would be awesome though.
Build a bigger trophy room and let's go back to Africa and find a suitable critter, I am a problem solver my friend, no thanks needed! Lol

Can you see why I am single!lol

Gizmo
I'll be in the same boat next year. I'll have to start looking at mounts and pics and make a decision. Hope to see more pics on this thread.
Regards,
Philip

Guys I'm at a total loss on what to do with my lion. I know I want a full body mount and would like something moderately to very aggressive. Other than that idk. I've changed my mind about a million times on what I want the pose to be so any suggestions would be much appreciated. ThanksView attachment 47101
I love this! I would do this with mouth open and a slightly nasty look on his face.

2011-04-01 12.13.13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Erik, you need a sable for that lion to jump on....:sneaky:;)

Gizmo, this came to mind after Simon let me watch the video. :ROFLMAO:

southern-flying-squirrel-voplaning1.jpg

Brick I'm really looking forward to ya'lls hunt report and congrats on your spectacular sable.

Guys I'm at a total loss on what to do with my lion. I know I want a full body mount and would like something moderately to very aggressive. Other than that idk. I've changed my mind about a million times on what I want the pose to be so any suggestions would be much appreciated. ThanksView attachment 47101
Great picture by the way Giz.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg