Like New Chapuis Elan Classic 470 NE

etsonaut

Gold supporter
AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC, WSF
I am selling my Like New Chapuis Elan Classic in 470 NE. I purchased it new recently and have shot it only 20 times. No issues. No marks, signs of use or damage. It shoots the Hornady DGX ammo very well for me. Everything that comes standard is included and I am willing to include the ammo I have on hand as well. (I don't have the specifics with me but I am guessing a mix of 60+ rounds of Hornady/Barnes/Hendershots Extreme.

I am moving to a Heym 88B in 450-400 to give my bum right shoulder a small bit of relief.

Factory Specs are as follows:

#16702 - .470 NEAverage Weight: 10.3 lbs.Barrel Length: 24"Overall Length: 41"Twist Rate: 1:16,
RHMSRP: $15,499

Shared Features Across All Elan Classics​

• Stock Finish: AAA-Grade Satin Walnut wood
  • Receiver Finish: Laser-engraved, coin finish, box-lock
  • Barrel Finish: Gloss blue
  • Grip: Pistol Grip
  • Trigger: Double trigger
  • Sights: Express - 1 standing, 3 folding
  • Length of Pull: 15.3"
  • Drop at Heel: 2.55"
  • Drop at Comb: 1.57"
  • Ejector
  • Hard Case: Prestige-grade, custom-fitted

Save yourself some money and pay no sales tax. Will ship from my local FFL to yours.

Price $13,000 shipped

IMG_0944.jpeg
IMG_0945.jpeg
IMG_0946.jpeg
IMG_0947.jpeg
IMG_0948.jpeg
IMG_0949.jpeg
IMG_0950.jpeg
IMG_0951.jpeg
IMG_0958.jpeg
IMG_0589.jpeg
IMG_0590.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpeg
    8.1 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0942.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0943.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0952.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0954.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0956.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason the full images of the rifle would not infer into the ad but they are at the bottom and require an additional click to view them.. Probably operator error on my part..

I am selling my Like New Chapuis Elan Classic in 470 NE. I purchased it new recently and have shot it only 20 times. No issues. No marks, signs of use or damage. It shoots the Hornady DGX ammo very well for me. Everything that comes standard is included and I am willing to include the ammo I have on hand as well. (I don't have the specifics with me but I am guessing a mix of 60+ rounds of Hornady/Barnes/Hendershots Extreme.

I am moving to a Heym 88B in 450-400 to give my bum right shoulder a small bit of relief.

Factory Specs are as follows:

#16702 - .470 NEAverage Weight: 10.3 lbs.Barrel Length: 24"Overall Length: 41"Twist Rate: 1:16,
RHMSRP: $15,499

Shared Features Across All Elan Classics​

• Stock Finish: AAA-Grade Satin Walnut wood
  • Receiver Finish: Laser-engraved, coin finish, box-lock
  • Barrel Finish: Gloss blue
  • Grip: Pistol Grip
  • Trigger: Double trigger
  • Sights: Express - 1 standing, 3 folding
  • Length of Pull: 15.3"
  • Drop at Heel: 2.55"
  • Drop at Comb: 1.57"
  • Ejector
  • Hard Case: Prestige-grade, custom-fitted

Save yourself some money and pay no sales tax. Will ship from my local FFL to yours.

Price $13,000 shipped.View attachment 590316View attachment 590317View attachment 590318View attachment 590319View attachment 590320View attachment 590321View attachment 590322View attachment 590323View attachment 590328View attachment 590329View attachment 590330
Chapuis makes a nice rifle - I also have one in .470 and it’s very accurate…fair price too

A 470 with proper handloads will recoil no more than a 450/400 with factory ammo.

This really makes an amazing difference.

A 470 with proper handloads will recoil no more than a 450/400 with factory ammo.

This really makes an amazing difference.
I believe that to be true as well. But, not being a hand loader I am at the mercy of the factory offerings. Maybe someday I’ll change that…

Yes,

It is a very good rifle at a very fair price.

I believe that to be true as well. But, not being a hand loader I am at the mercy of the factory offerings. Maybe someday I’ll change that…
I believe the standard load for .470 NE is 500 gr bullets @ 2150fps….recoil is substantial but not brutal (depending on rifle weight) and a mercury recoil suppressor can always be added into the stock if wanted.

I purchased my 470 from Rare Breed. He had already worked up handloads and installed weight in the butt stock to bring the over all weight to 11 pounds.

It is more comforable to shoot than my M70 in 375 H&H.

A Heym in 450/400 would be a wonderful double rifle but the Chapuis in 450/400 or 470 is a very fine double rifle for sure.

I purchased my 470 from Rare Breed. He had already worked up handloads and installed weight in the butt stock to bring the over all weight to 11 pounds.

It is more comforable to shoot than my M70 in 375 H&H.

A Heym in 450/400 would be a wonderful double rifle but the Chapuis in 450/400 or 470 is a very fine double rifle for sure.
I bought the Heym from Chris Sells at the SCI Show on the spur of the moment because of the caliber. I would have bought the 450-400 in the Elan if it had been readily available when I bought the 470. The Chapuis shoots and looks great but I probably don't need two doubles, I only wish I did.

I believe the standard load for .470 NE is 500 gr bullets @ 2150fps….recoil is substantial but not brutal (depending on rifle weight) and a mercury recoil suppressor can always be added into the stock if wanted.
You are right. Definitely not brutal but between my damaged shoulder and the opportunity to purchase the Heym 450-400 (which was the caliber I wanted originally) I had to make a decision on the Chapuis... Thanks for your input!

I bought the Heym from Chris Sells at the SCI Show on the spur of the moment because of the caliber. I would have bought the 450-400 in the Elan if it had been readily available when I bought the 470. The Chapuis shoots and looks great but I probably don't need two doubles, I only wish I did.
Hard to beat a Heym!!! Chris Sells is a fantastic guy so you did well!!!

Northfork offers solids and softs in 425gr for the 470. Greatly reduces recoil.

That is a nice looking double. Chapuis makes a good rifle. My 9.3x74 is my favorite rifle I own. You have a very fair price, someone with get a good deal and a fine rifle.

That is a nice looking double. Chapuis makes a good rifle. My 9.3x74 is my favorite rifle I own. You have a very fair price, someone with get a good deal and a fine rifle.
Thank you sir!

If I didn’t buy a double last week I probably would have bought this one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.