LH Model 70 416 Listed On Cabelas Website Today

That's a nice find...

That's damn near a unicorn in this lefty's view. Hope it goes to a good home and gets some good hunting.

Very tempting but but but..

Wow - a thread just for us backward-wrong-handed LEFTY’s…..I thought I was the only one here!!

@HankBuck. There are a few of us lefties on here. Anybody have a link to which Cabela’s store this rifle is at? Not really in the market but always like to look

Attachments

• Winchester ~ 70 Custom Left Hand ~ .416 Remington Magnum for sale.pdf
    271.8 KB · Views: 7
I am one of those backward wrong handed lefties. I am interested in trying to find a left handed 416. I am in no hurry but want to make a good decision when a 416 comes up for sale.. Why did they put a rail on the forearm? What purpose do it perform? What would be a good price to offer for that rifle?

I am one of those backward wrong handed lefties. I am interested in trying to find a left handed 416. I am in no hurry but want to make a good decision when a 416 comes up for sale.. Why did they put a rail on the forearm? What purpose do it perform? What would be a good price to offer for that rifle?
Manny it’s actually priced pretty fair….depending on what’s up with that rail thingy

No idea what purpose that rail serves?

I think if it didn’t have the rail, it would already be sold.

Maybe to mount a Tactacam? it doesn't make any sense. The rifle doesn't have back up sights either. Why is it a "custom", because of a new barrel?

That is what I was thinking a Go Pro Cam or maybe a shooting stick attachment?

I thought about the shooting stick attachment also, but those are usually on the stock not to interfere with the barrel harmonics.

Most LH model 70 classics seem to be going for about $2500. If the rail is not permanently mounted it could be removed. Hope no holes drilled in the barrel. It would need iron sights. It probably has a 2 piece bottom metal. Good platform for a build, perhaps.

I just called Cabellas in Kansas City and must admit he was not helpful. He said there was a screw drilled into the railing but it is no long in there but not sure if the barrel had been drilled. He mention that he was there by himself and the chances of looking at that gun today is poor.

I think I will still be looking here and there for a LH 416 and pass on Cabellas

I don’t think Winchester made a LH 416 Rem, unless it came from the Custom Shop. My guess would be that this rifle is a re-barreled job from another caliber action, especially considering the stock and that rail thing in the front. I am as perplexed as the rest of y’all about the purpose that rail could serve.

I currently have a Winchester M70 LH 375 H&H action at the gunsmiths waiting to get a 416 Rem Mag barrel on it and it will be going into a LH safari express stock I got from @Nevada Mike last year.

There had been a M70 LH 416 Rem Mag on Gunbroker listed for 7k. It was from the custom shop. I actual went by and looked at that rifle in person and it was nice but not 7k nice. It never sold I don’t think. It has been relisted several different times.

I just called Cabellas in Kansas City and must admit he was not helpful. He said there was a screw drilled into the railing but it is no long in there but not sure if the barrel had been drilled. He mention that he was there by himself and the chances of looking at that gun today is poor.

That is the response I usually receive from the Cabelas’ Gun Library when I call about a gun. The other common response is that gun is sold or the person that deals with the online sales is on vacation.

Maybe we should all write Cabela's/Bass Pro and complain about it. Maybe something will get done or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AurelioBri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.