Leopard Mauling!!

gre493

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
214
Reaction score
346
Deals & offers
4
Media
73
Hunted
Tanzania.
Hi guys,
Below is a photo i saw in the book 'INSIDE SAFARI HUNTING with Eric Rundgren' by Denis Holman.

Its about a story of Eric Rundgren, the famous white hunter of colonial Kenya, who fought this leopard which had charged and was mauling him before it was brought to book by the Mexican client standing on the right.

What an interesting story!!

watermark.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
From what i've read Rundgren was an interesting guy!
 
He sure was Tom.His story is well told by Denis Holman in the book i took the picture from.

He had (from the stories i read in the book) experienced some very close and nerve racking encounters with wild game.My favourite is the cat and mouse he played with a buff he had wounded on control work.Trouble started when the italian .256 he was using misfired and the buff charged.

Luckily for him, the buff's spread was too big for it to pass between two young trees that were between him and itself.The result was that the buff had to reverse and go around the trees and Rundgren took the opportunity to go to the other side of the trees.

That went on till his tracker (who was with rundgren's pack of dogs chasing the rest of the herd) came with his heavy double .450 and he finished off the job.That's nerve testing at its best!!
 
...His trouble definitely would start when you use a .256 for Cape Buffalo! I certainly wouldn't need that much excitement in my life!
 
Calhoun, he was using a .256 because the game department of colonial kenya was poor and they issued him that .256 which the italians had surrendered together with millions of rounds at the end of WWII.

Sure enough, going after buff with with a .256 is asking for trouble in the first place!!
 
yes .256 toooooo puny to even tickle a buff, must be a interesting - catch me if you can!!

Monish
 
Just a quick question...do you know who the Mexican client was??? I probably know either him of his sons haha not so many of us international big game hunters down here!
 
Nope Andres.I don't remember seeing his name being mentioned anywhere but the book did say that they were two of them and that they were rich!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,392
Members
169,350
Latest member
luck8gamess
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top