Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Leopard Hunting in Namibia Possibly Reopens for 2010

This is an informal announcement as it has not been officially announcement by the Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA) or by the Namibian Ministry of Environment & Tourism (MET).

There are rumors that Leopard hunting will reopen next year (2010), with the exception of Leopard hunting with dogs which will remain closed indefinitely.

No news yet regarding Cheetah hunting.

I will let you know as soon as this is officially made public.

Just to expand on this topic a little...

I sat one on one with the current president of Namibia PH association,in Toronto.He graciously answered and explained all my questions.He owns a hunting company called Makadi.He happens to be friends with an outfitter I've hunted with in Namibia,can't see him giving me any BS,its to easy to check.

Most likely,hunting will resume in April,with the current timetable.

Basic story;for the last 5 years NAPHA has been asking the dog guy's to get there act together.Times being good,of course,left that on their back burner.

The Gov't gets nervous cause they are exceding CITIES quota;they get together with NAPHA and stop all the hunting.NAPHA's group gets together and writes a new set of rules;those rules are now being written into legal terms to have the gov't sign off;this is currently in the works right now.

The gov't realises they need the $$$$,and can't screw with CITIES too much,other wise risking the whole shootin' match.The dog guy's killed their golden goose,sucks to be them.The good guy's didn't get it together,and that's on them,they were asked several YEARS to get some regs together.(I have no personal opinion on the dog deal either way)

On another popular hunting site a bunch of anonymous Namibian guy's say they got big words for the annual meeting to say to the board of NAPHA and esp'lly the President;

They sat on their hands during the meeting and didn't utter a peep.The usual internet bravado.

I asked if it was cool to post this,no problem was the answer.

This is an opinion;

Good guy's win cause the Namibian dudes keep the quota for their farms/concessions.Hunts stay fair priced for average guy's,cause it's going to mean hard hunting,and hard hunting means rich guy's can't just buy a cat with artificial success rates,and to stick on TV.

Dinsdale

Thanks Dinsdale on this update... Glad to hear confirmation that Leopard hunting in Namibia will probably reopen shortly. I will also have a word with NAPHA at the SCI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.