Left Hand Shotgun - I want One

I’ll take a look. Some of these stocks have coatings on them that may make it difficult to get paint to stick. What color did you have in mind to paint?
I would paint the black stock in a wetlands camo pattern. Spray paint job if it could be done. I have done a couple rifles

I’m just seeing more black left handed shotguns at a better price than the camo ones

I would paint the black stock in a wetlands camo pattern. Spray paint job if it could be done. I have done a couple rifles

I’m just seeing more black left handed shotguns at a better price than the camo ones
No left hander’s…

I've always liked the Beretta, but the way the Benelli performs in the wet and mud of a waterfowl hunt is undeniable. Since the Inertia Drive of the Benelli is out, I'd highly recommend the Beretta A400 Extreme in camo of your choice. I don't often shoot 3.5" shells but it's nice to have the option.

Trust me, I get that the gas guns feel softer than the inertia drive. Hope your shoulder holds up and the ducks drop down. ;)

I found this on GB for less than $1800...
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/953994946

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 6.43.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 6.43.17 AM.png
    519.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 6.43.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 6.43.20 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 6.43.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 6.43.23 AM.png
    752 KB · Views: 37
I at one time thought I needed 3 1/2" shells and had a SBE. Over time steel loads improved considerably. and I aged considerably, so I now shoot only 2 3/4" or 3" shells. I shoot an M2. My son shoots an M2. My daughters shoot left handed M2s.

Benelli is an amazing shotgun for waterfowl if it fits you.

I at one time thought I needed 3 1/2" shells and had a SBE. Over time steel loads improved considerably. and I aged considerably, so I now shoot only 2 3/4" or 3" shells. I shoot an M2. My son shoots an M2. My daughters shoot left handed M2s.

You should try TSS loads from Federal or Apex if you really want to step your game up above steel.

Typical TSS shot for Turkey is 7, 8 or 9 instead of 4, 5 or 6 in lead or copper plated lead. For Goose I'm using 7 shot and Duck is a 9. The results I've personally seen have been devastating.

You went to Cabela's & Scheels in Reno...

And it's time for an update!
Not much in the way of left handed at Scheels or Cabela’s. There was one Benelli LH at Scheels. I’ve shot the Benelli in Canada recently and it worked well, but kicked a little hard for my liking. I’m certain that I will get a Beretta. The gun Dept manager at Scheels said it was pointless to order a Beretta LH and I didn’t have time to convince him otherwise… Plenty of right handed shotguns. The hunt continues…

Scheels has a good amount of ammo, powder, and bullets in stock. Not much I need at this point, but if I go back up next weekend I’ll check again for RL15 powder.

Cabela’s didn’t have as much inventory of shooting supplies as Scheels and certainly seemed a lot less busy. Not sure if this is due to Cabela’s location. It being on the way out of town and just before the California border.

They are both great stores, but Scheels is more convenient for me.

I’ve got several cases of original 3 1/2” Hevi-Shot… But, I do appreciate your point.

It's always an adventure popping off a 3.5", 2 1/4 oz turkey load. This is my pattern at 30 and 60 yards with TSS...
1666740939612.png

1666740979447.png

I'm sure the Beretta would pattern about the same but I'd be concerned with your shoulder handling it. The 3.5" Hevi-Shot BB goose loads I was shooting weren't much different when it came to recoil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinPr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!