Layover in Amsterdam...

These guys take blades seriously.

Today's news from the Airport

dutch.png

Looks like blowguns and potato cannons are good to go!:whistle:

Just make sure you don’t bring your potato cannon to OZ, it’s classified as a “prohibited weapon” and it would be harder to get a permit for it than an actual firearm. Same goes for blow guns. These lawmakers have too much time on their hands... On the other side of the world, in Poland as a hunter I can buy (and hunt with) a semi-auto 50BMG but a rimfire 22lr rifle is off limits to a hunter...

I’ve taken the 200/201 flight several times.

However, I’m considering a layover in Amsterdam to see the area. I’m not interested in spending time there during the trip if there is a chance I’ll have an issue with archery gear...
Yes don’t do it! Also use a travel agent

I just bought them in Windhoek there's an excellent archery shop there its called - Your Butt Archery - they made carbon arrows while we had lunch and good to go
The problem is that kills a day depending on your schedule. I always want to have everything in hand and go straight to hunting!

No worries! After all the comments and literature provided, I’m staying far away from there when traveling for hunting!
Hey it was a good thought to do some sightseeing just hard to do on safari!

Has anyone tried filling out permits for their arrows/broadheads and been successful in clearing them through Amsterdam?

You can always fill out the form and see what they do with the request or send your query to the noted email address below.

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 09.02.29.png

Thanks. I have sent them an email to inquire about this. Any AH hunters have success with this form? Has anyone tried to travel through Amsterdam with broadheads recently? It seems much of the information on forums is a bit dated.

I know the rules have not changed in the Netherlands. Certainly not when you read the police pages about where they specifically state arrows that can cut.

I hope you get a reply you can share.

They replied to my inquiry and stated that the above mentioned form will NOT work for broadheads. I guess the only option when traveling through Amsterdam is to ship your broadheads ahead of time or purchase in South Africa.

Here is yesterdays reply to my inquiry. No Broad heads.

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 08.05.51.png

Applying for permit to transit through Amsterdam is no issue. Hardest thing is waiting for their arrival. They WILL NOT Email them to you until 2 days before your departure.

As stated, they will seize your broadheads. Don't even try. Ship ahead or buy in country.

My layover is only 2.5 hours in Amsterdam. I go from one gate to the next, try to freshen up in the washroom, then it is almost time to go through security for the next flight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.