Large rifle primer availability

I recently paid $175 for 400 Federal 215 LRM primers. Very hard to find!

I recently paid $175 for 400 Federal 215 LRM primers. Very hard to find!
Ouch!
I paid $80 for 400 Fed 215 last year at the reloading shop in Baton Rouge,
I thought that was steep but they had them and I needed them and bought all they had.

People do desperate things in desperate times

Ouch!
I paid $80 for 400 Fed 215 last year at the reloading shop in Baton Rouge,
I thought that was steep but they had them and I needed them and bought all they had.

People do desperate things in desperate times
Last year I found half a brick of magnum primers at a regional gun show for $20/100. I bought a hundred. Returned to my buddy's table and he told me to go back and buy them all. Why? A hundred would get my 404 to Africa. Maybe someone else will need some. "Well, go back and buy at least another tray." But by then they were gone. Some hog came and bought them all, probably to hustle online.

Attachments

• Ginex Large Rifle Primers Free Shipping & Haz - American Reloading.pdf
    312.6 KB · Views: 12
A couple of weeks ago, Powder Valley had Remington LR primers for $120 / 1000.

If anyone from Alaska is reading this thread, both Winchester Large Rifle Primers and various powders show up to 3 Bears stores more regularly than anywhere I've seen in the state. They had bricks of primers available last time I looked a couple months ago. Magnum primers are still rare.

Roger that @Ryan . I have a friend who has occasionally picked things up for me at one in Wasilla. Problem is I am in Dillingham and they won't take payment over the phone. I have some medical appts coming up and plan on hoping I am able hit them at a good time.

Roger that @Ryan . I have a friend who has occasionally picked things up for me at one in Wasilla. Problem is I am in Dillingham and they won't take payment over the phone. I have some medical appts coming up and plan on hoping I am able hit them at a good time.
Check out the one in Chugiak at the north Birchwood exit too.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I recently paid $75 for 500 large rifle magnum primers and got mocked by an acquaintance for it. I told him that soon he’d wish he could find them at all let alone for that price. Guess who won’t need to waste their time bumming me for some when they can’t find them?

Received a notice from Powder Valley today (Mar 13 2024)

I am not familiar with the UnisGinex brand.

Unis Gine x Large Rifle Primers Box of 1000​

$109.99

Limit 5 per customer, per order, per day

Attachments

• Unis Ginex Large Rifle Primer | Powder Valley.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
Received a notice from Powder Valley today (Mar 13 2024)

I am not familiar with the UnisGinex brand.

Unis Gine x Large Rifle Primers Box of 1000​

$109.99

Limit 5 per customer, per order, per day
Thank you 375 Ruger Fan..

If you want to try the Ginex you might be served checkin the link I posted --- same thing but cheaper and without hazmat/shipping cost. American Reloading is GtG

If you have primers to sell, what are the regulations to ship them

The only way to ship (legally) primers in the US is to put them into brass. Otherwise there's no way to ship powder/primers without a hazmat license.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpattern007

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.