Landlord

It was actually in New York. She was a veteran and needed the rent income to pay her bills. Was living out of her car. I see it on the news didn't completely crasp it all as I was shocked.

Oh yes. I have friends in Seattle who are dealing with this. Even after we told them never to rent a property they are about or don't outright in a liberal city. This is being pitted as the haves vs. the have-nots. Like landlords are the rich banker from the Monopoly game.

When entities like Blackrock investments buys up houses like crazy to rent and it bites them in the ass when tenants don't pay, the chickens will come home to roost because the politicians investments will take a dive.

Biden's CDC once again attempted to use COVID as an excuse for continuing the ban on evictions, even after SCOTUS warned they would not extend it after the last extension unless Congress approved it. I have a better idea, how about the people who have not been paying their rent GET A JOB! We have 8 million people here currently on unemployment (much of it enhanced) and 10 million available jobs. It's time for them to go back to work and help pay (through payroll taxes) for some of the free "stimulus" programs (including rent) they've received over the last year and a half!

Biden's CDC once again attempted to use COVID as an excuse for continuing the ban on evictions, even after SCOTUS warned they would not extend it after the last extension unless Congress approved it. I have a better idea, how about the people who have not been paying their rent GET A JOB! We have 8 million people here currently on unemployment (much of it enhanced) and 10 million available jobs. It's time for them to go back to work and help pay (through payroll taxes) for some of the free "stimulus" programs (including rent) they've received over the last year and a half!
@CoElkHunter
We have a similar situation in Oz. To many jobs, not enough workers but plenty of pricks rorting the system .
Work or lose the unemployment benefits is my idea but the tree hungers won't have it.
Bob

other than this rona business, Texas is most ricky-tick landlord friendly. Eviction proceedings are permitted to commence if rent is late more than 3 days. On the 4th day, you go to the nearest JP and file your paperwork. You'll have a hearing within a week or so. Tenant has to come up with rent and late fees, or the judge is going to decide in favor of the landlord and send over a deputy constable to throw all the tenant's sh!+ out on the lawn
gotta love that state !

Close, Actually you have to give them a Notice to Vacate, when you can file at the JP (Justice of the Peace) Court. Assuming the JP "kicks them out" either side is entitle to appeal to the County County or County Court at Law for a trial de novo. That Court can "kick them out", and they have 14 days to vacate. However, they can appeal to the Appellate Court for that geographic area. If they are Pro Se, the Appellate Court will give them lots of time. By the time its all over, it can be a year before the tenant is out, and that was pre-covid. Not exactly, Landlord friendly, but close.

Close, Actually you have to give them a Notice to Vacate, when you can file at the JP (Justice of the Peace) Court. Assuming the JP "kicks them out" either side is entitle to appeal to the County County or County Court at Law for a trial de novo. That Court can "kick them out", and they have 14 days to vacate. However, they can appeal to the Appellate Court for that geographic area. If they are Pro Se, the Appellate Court will give them lots of time. By the time its all over, it can be a year before the tenant is out, and that was pre-covid. Not exactly, Landlord friendly, but close.

In this case, Idaho is more landlord friendly - well as of 2006 or so.

I did the above, 3-day right to cure, mediation, then sent the JP after them to get them out. Did everything in order to the day.

Once they were out I sued them for max in Small claims, they made two payments then stopped. So I had their wages garnished and I was paid before they were from their job.

During the final judgement of the case, the judge told the guy "and I suggest you pay him on time because the way this has gone, he'll garnish your wages before you can say, "what?" if you dont. Judge was right.

This all started because the guy wanted to argue that since his brother moved out he only had to pay 1/2 the rent (this before he stopped paying altogether). He did not understand what 'individually and severally" meant, even though his initials were on the contract right next to that section.

I gave that guy all the legal rope he needed to hang himself - and he did.

The CDC of all government organizations put a rent moratorium on landlords who had tenants that couldn't pay from covid. That rule is expiring the end of this month I believe. SCOTUS refused to look at it but made it known the rule shouldn't be reinstituted. If the Biden administration does reinstitute the rule, it may get struck down pretty quick. This information is coming from attorneys dealing with real estate investors.

We have been fortunate due to rigid prequalifying. We only dealt with one lady who claimed she had covid. No medical proof was necessary. The judge gave her passes three times. We were out about four months rent before getting her evicted.

A friend with around 60 houses has 8 tenants that have been stringing him out for months.

Another guy I know with around 500 low end houses was short $190,000 for the month of July. His problems have been going on for months. He has massive cash flow problems at the moment.

Oklahoma is landlord friendly but the judges are dealing with rules made by the fed and their hands have been tied.

The CDC of all government organizations put a rent moratorium on landlords who had tenants that couldn't pay from covid. That rule is expiring the end of this month I believe. SCOTUS refused to look at it but made it known the rule shouldn't be reinstituted. If the Biden administration does reinstitute the rule, it may get struck down pretty quick. This information is coming from attorneys dealing with real estate investors.

Biden's Bad Week Just Got Worse: Supreme Court Blocks CDC's Eviction Ban​

And old friend of mine who had rentals said if someone didn't pay the rent he would disable the air conditioner. Sorry no money to fix till you pay me.

Those days are long gone. When I was a kid, my dad had tons of low end rentals, I used to have to go clean them out in the summer, after the ranch hands would do the evictions, the messes I had to deal with were beyond description, truly horrifying that people could live that way. I have several commercial buildings, but will never do residential.

Those days are long gone. When I was a kid, my dad had tons of low end rentals, I used to have to go clean them out in the summer, after the ranch hands would do the evictions, the messes I had to deal with were beyond description, truly horrifying that people could live that way. I have several commercial buildings, but will never do residential.
There no way I could deal with being a landlord. I couldn't be a bar owner either.

I rented for a couple of year over here. If i moved i had to give 3 months notice, if landlord kicked me out it was 2 months notice. Unless something secial occurred which it did not.

He rented another flat out also,and in that one it was much strange. One kid rented on social service money, that kid's office contaft did not know he had moved in there and did not know what to do when the kid thrashed the place either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.