Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Looking for any recent info from anyone who has fished the Kwanza river or stayed and fished at Kwanza River Lodge. Most of what google has is old and outdated. I'm looking for anyone's who has fished or stayed there within the last several months. PM me if you'd rather not post publicly. TIA, Hog

BTT

@Hogpatrol you might send a PM to @Gert Odendaal as he was planning a multi country trek that included a foray into Angola for some surf fishing.

I worked in Angola for five+ years and was in Luanda about a year and a half ago. I made some inquiries for some info to pass onto Gert. Received this info from a trustworthy Angolan colleague and gave it to Gert. Not sure what developed after that, so contacting Gert is strongly recommended.

The big concern with doing any travel in Angola is the landmines. Use extreme caution!

Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:37 AM
Subject: Tours Guide- South of Angola

As per our telephone conversation here is the information of the tourist guide to the South of Angola (seafront). You can contact him via phone or via email. He's already been notified about it. He can also help with obtaining a visa, accommodation, etc.

Name : Ivany Chimuco
Email: Ivanychimuco@gmail.com
williamfrancisco@outlook.pt
Phone: +244 930 335 920

Anything new on this front? Last I heard from a South African was that the fishing went somewhat downhill after it opened post war.

good videos. For some unknown reason, unless they're all lefties, the spinning rod handles are on the wrong side. Same deal in Moz for tigerfish. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Last edited:
good videos. For some unknown reason, unless they're all lefties, the spinning rod handles are on the wrong side. Same deal in Moz for tigerfish. Anyone have any ideas on this?
I’m extremely right handed but I reel a spinning reel with my left hand and a casting/trolling reel with my right. I once hooked a 40-50 pound yellowfin tuna with a buddies right side spinning reel and I fumbled through it as if it was the first time I ever went fishing! I guess it’s just what your used to.

I’m extremely right handed but I reel a spinning reel with my left hand and a casting/trolling reel with my right. I once hooked a 40-50 pound yellowfin tuna with a buddies right side spinning reel and I fumbled through it as if it was the first time I ever went fishing! I guess it’s just what your used to.
I'm the exact same way! I can't operated a right side spinning reel to save my life, but all my bait casting reels are right handed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laredo8822

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!

here with available dates for 2024/25

1-13 September 2024
14-31 October 2024
1-7 November 2024
18-24 November 2024

March 2025 is wide open!
12-17 April 2025
24-28 May 2025
15-21 June 2025
7-12 July 2025
22-28 July 2025
13-31 August 2025
15-30 September 2025

October and November 2025 is wide open!
Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.