Krieghoff Classic: nickel plating

Levubu

AH member
Joined
Jun 18, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
113
Location
South Africa
The system of my Krieghoff Classic DB is protected by nickel plating. I don't like this, I would like to have the nickel removed. However, this seems to be a complicated process and therefore expensive.

Whose Krieghoff is also protected by nickel plating? What are your experiences with it? Do you still like it?

Any other gun in your possession protected by nickel plating?
 
I have a Colt revolver that is over 100 years old with nickle plating.

Nickle has a very high degree of corrosion resistance but wear resistance varies depending upon the type and quality of nickle plating.

I would leave that Krieghoff alone. You would probably be better off selling it and buying a double more to your liking than spending lot of money changing it. Your gun will likely be worth less than before and it could easily be damaged in such a way that effects performance.
 
It’s almost always better to sell then rebuy than to make heavy modifications, especially when the results are uncertain.
 
Had a few Nickel Krieghoffa.
Asked Krieghoff thenselves if they would take an old Classuc in, and change the systems plating to thwir dark one:

Wouldnt touch it

Sad. But everything held up nicely
i just like darkger gubs / looka of blueing
 
I can’t imagine it making sense to remove the nickel finish on a Krieghoff.


Unless I’m mistaken most of the k-80s are nickel plated and you never seem to see wear on them.
 
Black Nitride possible?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,365
Messages
1,574,320
Members
170,008
Latest member
AshleyPasp
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top