Knife value?

I'm no expert either, but there are several knife forums you can take a look at for research. What I do know is that the original T. Williams Smithfield went out of business circa 1938. Also, that is a claw...not a tooth.

Is what you have a real or replica, is for someone more educated on the subject. What you do have is a beautiful knife and someone is likely to find value in it.
I was also going to point out that it was a claw.
 
Thank you!! Yes its nice but to be honest im not into knifes that much
This is too bad.

What type of man isn’t into knives? Or would be so quick to translate an inherited keepsake into cash?

All over the Western world some version of this has gotten us to where we are. “I’m not into Grandpa’s farm/woodshop/arc welder/hunting camp/sailboat/book collection etc.”

A couple generations largely squandering the birthright delivered unto them by the exponentially heavier toil of their forbearers.

I don’t find many today even care whether they embody manhood or not. Traded for what? Delivery food, video games, and soft-hands?
 
If you do decide to sell it let us know what you want for it. I may be interested depending on the price.
 
The OP hasn't been around since Oct of 2021....
 
That is a well made representation of the Lion knife and worth, at the very least, the value of any well made cased custom knife with added value in the lions tooth (providing it is genuine) and documentaion and what it all represents and/or to those who have specific interest in the lore of Africa.
Is that a tooth or a claw? Not being familiar with lion anatomy just asking?
 
This is too bad.

What type of man isn’t into knives? Or would be so quick to translate an inherited keepsake into cash?

All over the Western world some version of this has gotten us to where we are. “I’m not into Grandpa’s farm/woodshop/arc welder/hunting camp/sailboat/book collection etc.”

A couple generations largely squandering the birthright delivered unto them by the exponentially heavier toil of their forbearers.

I don’t find many today even care whether they embody manhood or not. Traded for what? Delivery food, video games, and soft-hands?
I have 2 boxes full of knives. One is all pocket knives and another larger box full of hunting and skinning knives. Also have another dozen or so of various filet knives. All get used periodically. I don’t know how any man can get along without knives.
 
Is that a tooth or a claw? Not being familiar with lion anatomy just asking?
It's pretty clearly a claw. Think of a house cat's teeth and claws and multiply it by about 50 times. Feline teeth are for biting, claws are for clinging. Cheetahs are a little different but In general that's how cat anatomy works.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,383
Messages
1,574,679
Members
170,110
Latest member
Fae6678337
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top