Judging Kudu

Lets do the same thing as with the Gemsbok / buff - thread. Can anyone post pictures of mature Kudu or tips for judging them.
Please

watermark.php
49...
 
Ok,

What do you think this guy will be?

vitaltriangle1.jpg


Remember he is still walking...

Maybe we will get to meet each other in May.:rolleyes:

Oh,

The red dots are the points for the vital triangle.
50...
 
Oli,

I tend to agree with you on that subject.

I would not mind to hunt that broken horn kudu or even this one....

MDGC0361.jpg
50...
 
Love to hear what the hunters out there think about this Kudu. It was taken by my 12 year old daughter.

View attachment 789243
Nice kudu, no matter the inches.
“Outies” are most times over-estimated. “Innies” are most times under-estimated. Wide spreads are commonly over-estimated. Narrow spreads are commonly under/estimated. This is a classic “Innie” with a fairly wide spread. Forward tilt of head in the photo makes it hard to accurately judge the inches. I’d say at least 50” if not 2-3 more. but ??
 
IMG_0446.jpeg

Thoughts on this bull? It was my son’s kudu from his first African hunt.
 
Kudu 2.jpg

Appreciate estimates for length on this one, really enjoyable hunt for first kudu. Huge ears is what impressed me right away. Very exquisite animals.
 
Nice kudu, no matter the inches.
“Outies” are most times over-estimated. “Innies” are most times under-estimated. Wide spreads are commonly over-estimated. Narrow spreads are commonly under/estimated. This is a classic “Innie” with a fairly wide spread. Forward tilt of head in the photo makes it hard to accurately judge the inches. I’d say at least 50” if not 2-3 more. but ??
My daughter, 12, was very happy with it
 
and its a beauty! Eastern Cape? Must have been during the rut? he looks like a brute
Yes, eastern cape…. His teeth were gone. My PH said it was the perfect time to take him.
 
View attachment 789924
Appreciate estimates for length on this one, really enjoyable hunt for first kudu. Huge ears is what impressed me right away. Very exquisite animals.
Very nice bull. Can’t get a side view but tips point forward which is a marker for judging them. He’s about 46 - 48”
 
Last edited:
I took this one in June never measured him and don't think I ever will, I know he was old and worn down with ivory tips!
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20260604-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20260604-WA0001.jpg
    657.4 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
70,284
Messages
1,571,695
Members
169,398
Latest member
EXLDarcy51
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top