I've found perfection

Sad to say, but still have not taken it out. Got some reloads done up, then discovered the chronograph i want is not in stock. Should be here some time next week, so hoping to get out late next week. I figure no sense in trying out ammo if i don't know all the info. This will be my first foray into reloading and i want to do it right.
 
What a lovely rifle Earle! As others have said, don't give up on Africa just because of your age. I had a mate who was 85 who always went spotlighting with me, AND he even accompanied me on a hunt to Africa where he bowled over a nice waterbuck.and impala with the camp 375HH!! If you want to do Africa - then go for it mate!! You've got a superb calibre for PG!! (y)
 
It makes a difference in how you approasch a shot. For the shooter whom prefers a heads up stance then the drop at comb and heel is not so much oif an issue as it its for those who shoot heads down. I uses 3/4 and 1 3/4 for comb and heel from center of bore for my 6.5x57 and it is a very comfortable rifle to shoot (for me)
View attachment 359375
Interesting rifle! What's the open sight concept with it?
 
Interesting rifle! What's the open sight concept with it?
The aperture sight is the Talleys unit that fits into the Talley bases for those time that this option is needed or prefered. In some country where shots are limited to 200yds it makes for a very light carrying rifle and beautifully balanced in hand.
 
Finally able to get to the range to-day. Chronograph i ordered still not here, but i just had to try anyway. The rifle has Alaska Arms QD rings, a 2.5-8x36Leupold scope and a jury-rigged riser pad. The combo works pretty good and best of all no permanent changes/alterations were needed on the rifle. It can be switched to open sights in less than a minute.
My first attempt at handloading seems to be on track. No nasty surprises and decent accuracy. Still have 5 more lots of 5 each to try, and then some 139g hornady's to reload. Wish i had done this years ago. LOL

IMG_0170.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0174.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,437
Messages
1,576,238
Members
170,536
Latest member
KAOLavina1
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top