Ithaca 278693 T

Rickmt

AH fanatic
Joined
Nov 23, 2017
Messages
944
Reaction score
1,781
Location
Belgrade, MT
Media
92
Hunting reports
Africa
4
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
SA, NZ, Montana, Maryland , Georgia , Mississippi, south dakota
A good friend of mine here in Montana just received this single shot trap gun from his elderly father . He really wants to know anything that you can tell him about his gun . His research leads him to believe it is a 5E , but that does not appear anywhere on the gun . There is a 6 in two different places on the gun . Perhaps it is a 6E ? Serial is
Image1657912700.712476.jpg
Image1657912720.849562.jpg
Image1657912734.228820.jpg
Image1657912750.920639.jpg
Image1657912773.086098.jpg
Image1657912794.409816.jpg
Image1657912826.296479.jpg
 
If he wants the full skinny, his best route would be to contact the Buffalo Bill Center in Cody, Wyoming. Walt Snyder donated all his Ithaca factory records to them a few years ago. They should be able to send him a factory letter.
 
Thankyou sir for that info. My friend actually lives near Cody in Belfry , Mt and can drive there in 35 minutes. Great help thanx
 
Thankyou sir for that info. My friend actually lives near Cody in Belfry , Mt and can drive there in 35 minutes. Great help thanx

Fantastic.

He might get lucky and find out that pretty gun has someone interesting attached to it. Too bad some trapshooter had to rape it's butt.
 
Marc ret please explain what you are saying!
 
Marc ret please explain what you are saying!

The spacers between the recoil pad and the stock. The gun must have been owned by a very tall man. Easily corrected as the stock itself looks to be original length.
 
Thanx for the info WAB !
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
Can anyone say what model this gun is and what it’s value might be?
 
Any Ithaca enthusiasts out there ?
 
According to Ithaca: SN is from 1917.

Should be an Ithaca 6E Flues (about 94 made). It’s the second style, when the crossbolt was added, but not a knickerbocker (post 1922).

Why I suspect 6E and not 5E:
1658853975284.png


Seen them go from 2-5k.
 
Last edited:
Thank you sir - much appreciated
 
The workmanship on these Ithacas was impressive, to say the least. One member of the local trap club on occasion uses his Ithacas, one of which is a 6E. I have not seen him this Summer, so did not get a chance to talk with him. The Knick's are pretty easy to identify, but this is also a work of art.......thanks for posting the eye candy........FWB
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,347
Messages
1,573,647
Members
169,784
Latest member
ValQmp4686
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top