Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
@Saul
You wouldn't be very rich mate, you might be able to get a burger and a small Starbucks coffee with how many times the Whelen is mentioned.
Bob
Unlike the far superior 9.3x62...with the mentions off that I am not sure whether it's a new Aston or lambo.....:E Shrug::E Lol:

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Unlike the far superior 9.3x62...with the mentions off that I am not sure whether it's a new Aston or lambo.....:E Shrug::E Lol:
@spike.t,
Mate someone has to brag about the 9.3x62. The Whelen on the other hand doesn't need all the hype and bragging it just quietly gets the job done no fuss or bother.
Bob

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
@spike.t,
Mate someone has to brag about the 9.3x62. The Whelen on the other hand doesn't need all the hype and bragging it just quietly gets the job done no fuss or bother.
Bob
Yeah....am sure it exists...but it's a mythical beast to me ..unlike the great 9.3x62.... :A Thumbs Up: ....never seen one and never heard of it till a certain @35bore started going on about it years ago....and still dont believe him either... :E Big Grin:

35bore

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
Hunted
USA, South Africa, France
Yeah....am sure it exists...but it's a mythical beast to me ..unlike the great 9.3x62.... :A Thumbs Up: ....never seen one and never heard of it till a certain @35bore started going on about it years ago....and still dont believe him either... :E Big Grin:
Goof... Knowing you, you researched the crap out of it. 9.3 x whatever, will always be better in your eyes. I don't hold it against you boss. Love ya for it. They're both great calibers.

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
@spike.t
I suppose you think the Whelen is like a unicorn. But a he'll of a lot of people must believe in the Whelen for it to still be alive and well.
Bob

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
It seems there is a bit of a cult following for the .338’s. I know it has been considered a good choice for Alaska. As a dedicated African Hunter I can’t see a use for them. Why not just move up to the .375? As we all know it’s an all around, go to gun. From my experience the .375 kicks less.
regards
Philip

Quaticman

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
I can't honestly say whether the .338 RUM is going the way of the Dodo bird or not. What I can say is that my gunsmith is currently in the process of building me a .338 RUM as we speak. He is using an older Remington 700 magnum action which was chambered in 7 Rem Mag along with a 28" Krieger MTU contour barrel, Pacific Tool & Gauge bottom metal and a Bell & Carlson M40 tactical stock. It will be a single feed rifle set up to fire the Berger 250 grain Hybrid as fast as possible. Should be fun to shoot!

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

20 day hunt in May 2022 with Zana Botes hard part now starting the wait
Better a fool on his own than a wise man at someone else's discretion
... F. Nietzsche
perry madl wrote on Ignatius of Antioch's profile.
Is your double still available?
I am interested in Safari Animal Paintings
Sugar4646 wrote on Warpig602's profile.
Hey boss wanted to inquire about the .308 rifle you have for sell can you send me payment information. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.