Is it possible to hunt in all these countries in Africa?

Décio

AH senior member
Reaction score

Africa​

• Benin
  • Botswana
  • Burkina Faso
  • Cameroon
  • Central African Republic (C.A.R.)
  • Chad
  • Congo
  • Ethiopia
  • Ghana
  • Liberia
  • Mozambique
  • Namibia
  • South Africa
  • Tanzania
  • Uganda
  • Zambia
  • Zimbabwe
Usually I just see people talking about Cameroon, Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Tanzania.

Also possible in all those other countries in the rest of the world? China?
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 02.12.55.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Situation in Africa is not frozen , once for all. Because political and security situation changes.
In listed countries hunting is possible, or was poosible, or not reccomended LATELY for security reasons, and some are more popular then the others. In some of them you go only for specific species.
if you have interest to go to specific country make good research of local situation and your govt advise.
All of listed countries are known as hunting destination.At least at one time.

Presently, burkina faso, benin, car, chad, congo could be considered risky for int hunters, or even closed. local situation in some of them has been discussed here on forum. make research

Last edited:
Burkina Faso:

Benin:

Security concerns all over this area.
From original post, from the list of countries, following countries are now considered safe to travel, for hunting (i speak for my self):

Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Tansania, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana.

In Cameroun, problems started, but depending in which part of country you are hunting, it can be very safe, there was some very nice recent hunting report from Cameroun, here on the forum.
. Same for Mozambique, problems started, but in restricted smaller areas. Still good to go, as it seams.

To visit other countries from original post, thoroguh research should be taken. I wouldnt go so likely there, before making sure, why I am going, and where I am going, and what to hunt, and with whom, and checking local area security conditions.
Bottom line, first source of information is goverment travel advice, from your country, foreign office.

The great majority of all hunting safaris (maybe 80%) are done in Namibia and South Africa, followed by Zimbabwe, then the rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross