Iron Will WIDE Single Bevel Test

Very cool. How did it compare to the standard width single bevel you reviewed 1-2 years ago? I would assume the wider broadhead would take more damage than the narrow (standard) due to a shallower angle.

Maybe I’m wrong?

So they come in the 150g configuration with or without bleeders. Nothing lighter or heavier for now. Considering they are wide and the maker says they're great flight out to 50 yard I would expect if they make others they'll start with heavier ones. If your shooting being 50 the regular solid single bevels are what you should look at.

Interesting. A score right up there with Slick Trick magnums, my go-to.

I’ve been shooting the Iron Will’s for about 5 years and love them. A couple years back I moved to the 150grn solid wide DB. They are devastating on deer. I will be shooting them this year in Africa on any animals smaller then Cape buffalo. I have chosen to go with Bishop 315grn SB Rachel S7 treated broadheads for Cape Buffalo this fall.
Even though I love the IW’s, I am not confident IW’s are a great idea on Cape Buffalo.

I’ve been shooting the Iron Will’s for about 5 years and love them. A couple years back I moved to the 150grn solid wide DB. They are devastating on deer. I will be shooting them this year in Africa on any animals smaller then Cape buffalo. I have chosen to go with Bishop 315grn SB Rachel S7 treated broadheads for Cape Buffalo this fall.
Even though I love the IW’s, I am not confident IW’s are a great idea on Cape Buffalo.
Not a bad choice. Why is it that you don't think iron wills would go well with cape Buffalo?
Also tuffhead Just came out with a 200 grain wide single bevel. Those are S7 one solid piece. I imagine in the future they'll be coming out with heavier grain as well, but for now they've launched just the 200 grain wides

Straight off Iron Wills website. I have the 200 gr, single bevel (regular width, with bleeders)
that I plan to use for an elk hunt later this year.

1685707798329.png

Not a bad choice. Why is it that you don't think iron wills would go well with cape Buffalo?
Also tuffhead Just came out with a 200 grain wide single bevel. Those are S7 one solid piece. I imagine in the future they'll be coming out with heavier grain as well, but for now they've launched just the 200 grain wides
Just looked up the Tuffhead with their solid S7 spin tested BH, great step in the right direction for Cape Buffalo. This will be my first Cape Buffalo but I have seen top quality heavy broadheads bent at the tip like a potato chip on Cape Buffalo.
I’m sure as time goes on more companies will follow Bishop’s example like Tuffhead in the S7 one piece.
My six Bishop Rachel special treated S7 315grn all spin tested perfectly O/C. The 315grn Bishop also has a great shape.
The last couple years Bishop was the only solid S7 in town.
I think the IW multi component BH could have trouble on the CB ribs.
But I absolutely have complete confidence using Iron Will for Elk, Moose and African game short of CB.

Tuffhead has many 300+ grain broadheads. They were purchased by Sirius Archery a few years back and have made many quality control improvements. They promote Ashby foundation and focus on large game like buff.

Just looked up the Tuffhead with their solid S7 spin tested BH, great step in the right direction for Cape Buffalo. This will be my first Cape Buffalo but I have seen top quality heavy broadheads bent at the tip like a potato chip on Cape Buffalo.
I’m sure as time goes on more companies will follow Bishop’s example like Tuffhead in the S7 one piece.
My six Bishop Rachel special treated S7 315grn all spin tested perfectly O/C. The 315grn Bishop also has a great shape.
The last couple years Bishop was the only solid S7 in town.
I think the IW multi component BH could have trouble on the CB ribs.
But I absolutely have complete confidence using Iron Will for Elk, Moose and African game short of CB.
I have used IW on Buffalo before and I will again. The head was removed from the chest cavity unblemished

I have used IW on Buffalo before and I will again. The head was removed from the chest cavity unblemished
Good to know.
You can’t beat Iron Will for top performance at a great price. Iron Will’s multi component broadheads with a standard tool steel is not as strong as the solid one piece S7 Bishop. If they were priced the same and given a choice between the two for Cape Buffalo… most guides and hunters would likely pick the Bishop. I will be using both brands exclusively this fall in SA.

I believe that the Bishop Rachel S7 is about 3 times as strong as standard tool steel like 41L40, 4140.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg