Interesting article on rifles

No question one is more beautiful than the other. I have a different kind of snobbishness, in that the most I have ever paid for a firearm was $600, and I usually pay far less. I’m still a wood-and-blued-metal guy, but I search out old, neglected rifles that no one else wants, fix them up to my specs, and shrug off any dents and scratches. Here’s my own version of a “custom” 7x57, in which I have invested maybe $250.

Nicely done!

My avatar is a 94 Trapper that I gave $175 for, then whittled on it some....

Yeah, have to say, I've spent more than $600 on a peashooter. But just a little! :A Whistle:

Yep, that's my optimal caliber for small game (wishful thinking perhaps). I do miss my BSA Monarch, although the stock was ugly, the rest of it wasn't. How about a rifle with interchangeable barrels, e.g .308 and .243 or other calibers with similar cartridge lengths - what would that take?.

I like them ugly, brutish, industrial but functional as hell like my old Monarch. BSA should have left this one on the drawing board and stuck with the Hunter/Majestic build.
@Cervus elaphus
Any thing apart from th a horrible little 243.
Bob

@Cervus elaphus we need to bring you up to speed.

Our friend @Bob Nelson 35Whelen has a hot hate for the 243WIN. And we like to bust his chops.
@BeeMaa
Don't you go leading another person down the wrong path by trying to expose him to that nasty little useless little cartridge. A by thing but that, even exposing him to that other favorite of yours the Blaser R8.
Bob

Nice. But I’ll bet you can’t get the bottom one in a 6.5 CR! So...?
@CoElkHunter
Don't tell me you are going down the 6.5 man bun road now.
That vaccine is having some horrible side effects on you.
Mate I can see those nightmares returning.
Bob

@CoElkHunter
Don't tell me you are going down the 6.5 man bun road now.
That vaccine is having some horrible side effects on you.
Mate I can see those nightmares returning.
Bob
Bob,
Ha! Ha! Not me as I have a .270. But it seems everybody and their sister wants one? It is one of the few cartridges you can find in stores here. I haven’t got a vaccine yet, but have had the virus. No nightmares lately with you in them.
That is all.
CEH

Nice. But I’ll bet you can’t get the bottom one in a 6.5 CR! So...?
So....who would want one in that? I'd have to agree with Bob on that one. Although fine doubles are made all the way down to 22s. I'd wager for the price, you probably could get a Rigby or a H&H in 6.5 if you had the cash :A Whacky:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheldon901

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek