Interested in a speed test...

I’ve had the same type of chambering issues with my CZ .458 Lott using factory 500gr Nosler Partitions. The round sometimes hangs up on the chamber mouth. I believe in my case, the magazine spring isn’t strong enough to fully push the rim into the bolt face before the cartridge attempts to enter the chamber?
I have spent many hours working on my rifle.there are 3 things that determine feeding and almost all factory rifles are wrong from the factory because they mass produce one action for a whole bunch of cartridges.
I’ve had the same type of chambering issues with my CZ .458 Lott using factory 500gr Nosler Partitions. The round sometimes hangs up on the chamber mouth. I believe in my case, the magazine spring isn’t strong enough to fully push the rim into the bolt face before the cartridge attempts to enter the
What brand of rifle are you using? Just curious?
CZ 550 in 458 win mag. It isn't the magazine spring although that may help. CZ magazine- actually the reciever that forms the top of the magazine is a bit narrow. Then the feed ramp is a bit high as well. It is a bit counter intuitive but this means the bullet nose goes too far -past the chamber and jams on the opposite edge of the chamber ?
 
I will tell you that I help out with that hunters/guides test when I am not being examined myself. I can tell you the guys that have practised pass easily. That means shooting and handling pressure while shooting. I have never shot an animal while being charged but i have stared down a number of mock charges - it is not easy to keep your head in that situation. As Ray says buffalo brain is about orange sized, elephant is like a rugby ball. But being involved in this test over the years1it is about self control.that lion target- isee guys pull the trigger and send a round into the ground at 1 m as soon as it moves the real secret is to wait until about 10 m. So it is as good as you can get without the real thing. Guys- shoot lots and put yourself under pressure - that will help you perform in real life. Maybe we need to take the wife to the range and start a conversation about lawnmowers- sounds like that will get a bit of pressure in the mix.
 
Lawnmowers ugh. I was at my niece's wedding and her father and my other brother in law were talking about their lawns. I told my niece and nephews (I was drinking wit the "kids") if they ever heard me talking like that to just put me down. They all laughed uncontrollably (I'm the bad uncle).
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,851
Members
169,443
Latest member
PamalaPoin
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top