Input wanted from owners of new production Model 70 Safari Express rifles

If I was in the market, I would not hesitate for a nano second on buying a new Winchester Model 70. Love to have a have a Super Grade in .270 or .280.
I have a Super Grade in 300Win Mag,,another great shooter

Ok I think I’m gonna go with this. I was also looking at the Sako rifles but I much prefer the 3-position safety. Slightly shortening the barrel may balance abit better and shed some of the weight.

I've been looking at a .416 Model 70 lately. I know I want it, but my ingrained cheapness is keeping me from pulling the trigger. They seem like a great value.

Just got a new M70 Super Grade Maple in 270

How does it shoot? Pics??
Shoots great. Under 1 inch with factory Federal 130gr. And under an inch with 130 gr. Partitions handloads. Will have to send pics later as I am not close to the gun. Pics aren't really fair as this high grade maple changes pattern every time the light hits it differently

I've been looking at a .416 Model 70 lately. I know I want it, but my ingrained cheapness is keeping me from pulling the trigger. They seem like a great value.

I picked one up off a gentleman on this site and I love it. It's my first foray into larger caliber rifles, but it's been fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.