In memoriam - Lion kills Zimbabwe safari guide Quinn Swales

I was wondering if he was even armed. I can't imagine walking around without something for protection. Can someone shed some light on whether these guides carry? Sorry I do not know what the normal practice is.

Not sure about Zim but I have done many bush walks in the Kruger Park, South Africa where the norm is 2 Guides each armed with a 458. Walks in the bush normally are not great for wildlife photography, more so just to glean info from the guides. Before each walk I always take a good look at the rifles just in case something goes bad. Have had a few adrenaline moments but nothing dangerous yet.

My condolences to his family. I wonder if anyone in the media will pick this up and broadcast in the US and talk about how the unnamed lion should be tried and jailed for legally defending its territory?
I first heard of it on Facebook on a post from Ivan Carter. No media I have seen..... My deepest sympathy to his family and a ton of respect to a true hero!

R.I.P. Quinn - Bravery and Honor have little place in our society these days. Being a Man has little place in our world as well. Sounds like you represented all these rare attributes. The World is a lesser place without you. Sincerest Condolences to your relatives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross