In memoriam - Bruce Moulds has passed away

Such a shock. MM is hard to diagnose and sometimes too late when it’s figured out. I know because MM claimed my sister when we were just kids. I really enjoyed Bruce’s posts and they always left me with a smile or a lot of new knowledge. I was of the same opinion as him about dislike of NP and reverence of the Swift A-Frame. His quick humor was only surpassed by his knowledge and I learned a lot from his posts. I believe he is sharing his knowledge in a better place now and I hope to hear it again someday. Thank you Bruce!

Really sad news ! Condolences to Bruces family and friends ! Bruce will be sorely missed on this forum , from the day I joined he was obviously one of the prominent members and always willing to share his knowledge and opinions . Having a 9,3 x 64 it was great having access to someone like Bruce with his knowledge and expertise to help with any information needed .
I really enjoyed his no nonsense and honest approach , I would loved to have met him in person .
RIP Bruce , you will be sorely missed !

FYI,

Bruce family are holding a "Celebration of Bruce's Life" today in South Australia.
It will take place between 2pm and 4pm.
I know of at least one forum member who is a lifelong Mate of Bruce that will be there.
The family know of the messages posted here as Bruce's wife has posted in a private message.
I'm sure Bruce mate will let her know there are over 100 messages here and of the how all will miss his presence here.
The information he shared the laughs we had and the friendly banter around our preferences and dislikes. He will be sadly missed by many and none more than his family and friends who have known him so much longer than the friends he made here.
When Bruce's son in law got in touch through a personal message to advise of of Bruce passing he wrote.

"Hi Chris. Sorry to let you know Bruce passed away last night. I don't know if you were mates or just distant imaginary friends.
Thanks Phil"

I'm sure the family.will be pleased to know that Bruce has made many distant friends who are not not phased by the term imaginary and had valued Bruce input here.

Thanks to all who replied and Phil and John for keeping us informed.

FYI,

Bruce family are holding a "Celebration of Bruce's Life" today in South Australia.
It will take place between 2pm and 4pm.
I know of at least one forum member who is a lifelong Mate of Bruce that will be there.
The family know of the messages posted here as Bruce's wife has posted in a private message.
I'm sure Bruce mate will let her know there are over 100 messages here and of the how all will miss his presence here.
The information he shared the laughs we had and the friendly banter around our preferences and dislikes. He will be sadly missed by many and none more than his family and friends who have known him so much longer than the friends he made here.
When Bruce's son in law got in touch through a personal message to advise of of Bruce passing he wrote.

"Hi Chris. Sorry to let you know Bruce passed away last night. I don't know if you were mates or just distant imaginary friends.
Thanks Phil"

I'm sure the family.will be pleased to know that Bruce has made many distant friends who are not not phased by the term imaginary and had valued Bruce input here.

Thanks to all who replied and Phil and John for keeping us informed.
@CBH
When I was talking to Bruce's wife I told her about Bruce on the forum and that he must have a good imagination to have over a hundred imaginary friends. She had a bit of a chuckle and appreciated the call of condolences from all on the AH forum.
Bob.

Evening All.
I was privileged to be able to be part of the celebration of Bruce’s life at the Norton Summit Community Centre last Sunday afternoon. There was a good crowd of friends and relatives, including plenty of shooting mates from past & present. There was a very good display of Shooting prizes, photos of Bruce hunting, riding Quarter Horses, and Bruce with family. We heard from Bruce’s wife Yvonne, Sister Penny, Son in law Phil, Stepson Tom and were left in no doubt as to how much he loved them them and they him. Tom told how Bruce had passed on his love of horses to one stepson, and love of rifles to another. Myself and Richard ( another shooting mate ) told of our fondness and respect for Bruce, and how he will be missed by friends far and wide. We were informed that Bruce didn’t suffer Pretentious Dickheads and that our attendance probably meant we weren’t - a big relief to all of us !
Now the task remains to get on with life, knowing how lucky we all are to have known him.
John Cranwell

Evening All.
I was privileged to be able to be part of the celebration of Bruce’s life at the Norton Summit Community Centre last Sunday afternoon. There was a good crowd of friends and relatives, including plenty of shooting mates from past & present. There was a very good display of Shooting prizes, photos of Bruce hunting, riding Quarter Horses, and Bruce with family. We heard from Bruce’s wife Yvonne, Sister Penny, Son in law Phil, Stepson Tom and were left in no doubt as to how much he loved them them and they him. Tom told how Bruce had passed on his love of horses to one stepson, and love of rifles to another. Myself and Richard ( another shooting mate ) told of our fondness and respect for Bruce, and how he will be missed by friends far and wide. We were informed that Bruce didn’t suffer Pretentious Dickheads and that our attendance probably meant we weren’t - a big relief to all of us !
Now the task remains to get on with life, knowing how lucky we all are to have known him.
John Cranwell
@jcinsa
That was a fitting and moving testament to Bruce . He will be sorely missed by many.
He was a genuine no bullshit person and a m a n among men
Bob

Sorry to hear of Bruce's passing. He was a quality contributor here. Rest in Peace, Bruce.

Very sorry to hear him passing away. A real defender of the 9,3x64 Brennecke. I think I have to order one.
R8 9,3x64 barrel.JPG

Finally I got one.

I like to see these old threads come back around occasionally.

The link below is a thread started by one of Bruce's longtime mates who Bruce used to shoot with.

John has many fond memories of Bruce, and some great stories too.

RIP Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois