Image stabilized binos?

Franz-Albrecht Oettingen-Spielberg talks fondly of the elusive Zeiss 20x60 mechanically stabilized binoculars, for the purpose of deer management on his own land:

13:36 - 17:05


Zeiss 20x60 mechanically stabilized
https://www.zeiss.com/photonics-and-optics/en/hunting/products/specials/20x60-s.html
He is now using the Alpen Optics IS 20x42 which seems to be a clone of the Sig or vice versa. It is a paid endorsement, but he did look rather uncomfortable trying to lug around both a normal binocular and the massive Zeiss model while spot and stalking.

Yes, he is very much the aristocrat, but I have enjoyed his roe deer series. As an American, and often traveling or hunting in Europe, I am sure that I have occasionally been a social disappointment to occasional members of various fallen royal families.

 
I was in the safari classics office this past week and got to play with a pair manufactured by Kite optics. They also have an image stabilizing spotting scope. Both seem to be reasonably priced with good functionality.
 
He is now using the Alpen Optics IS 20x42 which seems to be a clone of the Sig or vice versa. It is a paid endorsement, but he did look rather uncomfortable trying to lug around both a normal binocular and the massive Zeiss model while spot and stalking.

Yes, he is very much the aristocrat, but I have enjoyed his roe deer series. As an American, and often traveling or hunting in Europe, I am sure that I have occasionally been a social disappointment to occasional members of various fallen royal families.

Thank you for introducing me to his videos, I had seen him on other videos with Hunters Videos, and Herbert Scheirring, but never one his own.

Production quality is great, probably has the budget for it.

He is on a Hornady podcast, It was the most "kiss the ring" event I had ever seen live, thought Neil and Simon were going to blow Franz on the show.

 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,437
Messages
1,576,216
Members
170,534
Latest member
CaridadYun
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top