I'm getting old

Kick-eez is very good. What type of stock do you have and what's the weight of the gun?? I've never shot an unpleasant .375 as it really isn't a big bore gun. Have 2 of 'em-piece of cake. 30-06 on steroids; 2x the bullet weight at the same V. Add heft. Shoot standard factory loads. Get your heart rate up at the time of the shot (and adrenal gland function-you won't even notice.)
 
In my mind, I’m a fine bottle of matured wine…until I look in the mirror…OUCH!
I like good recoil pads (Decelerators work well for me) because they keep me from cracking a fine stock when my old hands drop the butt of my gun on a rock!
 
It's a standard weight 1947 transition magnum m70 the factory barrel is maybe a lb.heavery than the 300.it had a solid Winchester pad that can't be much cushier than the wood.it only really affects me when rapid firing. I can train all day with the 06 but not it.was sitting about to back the trigger off a pinch when I noticed the Leopold mounts let me down .the whole scope moved forward about an 1/16 of an inch.pushing the rear ring partially out of the screw 1/4 slots.and it was all tight tight and I was happy with the first sight in.time to order another set of Tally's haven't got the first set in for my 300. That included 2, 4 round mag dumps at 100.
IMG_20210710_184853964_HDR.jpg
 
That's a thought lol. Looking aty own picture reminds me of a friend of my dad's who was having a feed problem with his brno in 416 Rigby having the stock off as soon as he closed the bolt it went off busting a chunk out of the tie beam and his thigh.worst bruise I've ever seen I think I was 16.afew months later he did it again.fast forward 15yrs and I did the same thing in the floor of our kitchen with a 06 enfield..my wife still brings that up lol.
 
Limbsaver makes a model for the Africa big bores, it's called the limbsaver Nitro, I have it on my 458 Lott. Don't think many people know about it.

1 1/2" thick.

The Decelerator that was on the stock was glued on on top of being screwed, so instead of mess with all that I actually just cut the pad off the pad base, then screwed the limbsaver and it's base right on over the old.

Also allows you to take a belt sander to that old pads base and get your new pad angled how you want.

Great combo especially if you'd like some extra length of pull.
 
Limbsaver makes a model for the Africa big bores, it's called the limbsaver Nitro, I have it on my 458 Lott. Don't think many people know about it.

1 1/2" thick.

The Decelerator that was on the stock was glued on on top of being screwed, so instead of mess with all that I actually just cut the pad off the pad base, then screwed the limbsaver and it's base right on over the old.

Also allows you to take a belt sander to that old pads base and get your new pad angled how you want.

Great combo especially if you'd like some extra length of pull.

That's the one I just ordered for my 458. I haven't installed it yet but it feels good.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,595
Members
169,377
Latest member
CoralTyt26
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top