Illinois passes assault weapon ban

Wyatt Smith

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
As the title says Illinois, my home state, just passed an assault weapons ban, the governor should be signing it as I write this. Basically the manufactur, sale, or possession of any “assault weapon” becomes illegal. There is also a restriction on magazine capacity, 10 for a rifle, 15 for a handgun.

As the title says Illinois, my home state, just passed an assault weapons ban, the governor should be signing it as I write this. Basically the manufactur, sale, or possession of any “assault weapon” becomes illegal. There is also a restriction on magazine capacity, 10 for a rifle, 15 for a handgun.
What is the recourse for those that have them? Do they want you to register them or hand them over ? I had the same thing happen in NY, in 2014. And again this year more gun laws, So I finally relized that i had to move out of NY. Deep in Free America now

That’s how it starts! Here in Canukistan it started with handguns with a barrel shorter than 4 inches and 25 and 32 caliber handguns banned and magazines limited to 5 shots. Now it’s every handgun, all semi-auto rifles and shotguns, Rugar #1’s and all rifles over 9000 joules of energy. That’s because bespoke elephant hunting doubles are such a problem on the streets, being used in drive by shootings at the zoo!

I don't want to feel responsible for thousands of Illinois felons.

Therefore, I'll will hold your illegal weapons (for a nominal storage fee, of course) and destroy your magazines (with documentation) in the free state of Georgia.

PM me for shipping instructions.

This ban will be enjoined and ultimately overturned. It’s unconstitutional.
Yes Just like in NY with the recent Supreme Court decision , it was decided by the SC that NY ban on CCW was unconstitutional. And what did the communist Governor do ? She just didn’t ignore it , she actually passed in 2 days more restrictive gun laws. Making it More harder and almost impossible to obtain. That is what they do and the so called people that say they are on our side do absolutely nothing.

Now it’s every handgun, all semi-auto rifles and shotguns, Rugar #1’s and all rifles over 9000 joules of energy
I think, hope, that this amendment to Bill C21 will die a stillbirth and take with it the Trudeau Liberal Gov't and all the WOKE Turdeau worshippers with it.

Laws struck down by the US Supreme Court as being unconstitutional can’t be enforced. The Governor of NY knows this. So do the state representatives in Illinois. They are making political points with their base.

The state Legislature in Colorado is looking at the same type of law a draft of it was leaked the other day and if they decide that they want to try it the law will be passed with the majority of the Legislature and Governor being Democrats.

And we thought that the laws that they passed in 2013 were bad.

The state Legislature in Colorado is looking at the same type of law a draft of it was leaked the other day and if they decide that they want to try it the law will be passed with the majority of the Legislature and Governor being Democrats.

Blessed are we who live in the free world.

Let the state try and enforce it. I know 57 out of 64 Sheriffs' (or thereabouts) in the state won't enforce unconstitutional firearms laws. Same as the BS laws passed in 2013. Be it Colorado, Illinois, New York or any other state, these Demonrat legislatures are passing firearms laws that the Supreme Court has already ruled unconstitutional. Just because one happens to live in a state with left wing legislatures, they don't give up their rights under the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

While also passing a "no bail" law statewide, which allows violent criminals to be released from jail without having to post any bond, to prey again on the law abiding citizens who are now having their firearms taken away. We've seen how well the restrictive gun laws and no bail policy has worked in New Marxist (York) city and Commiefornia?

I guess gun manufacturers who make such guns in this state will be allowed to produce the weapons, but cannot sell to Illinois residents. DSArms, and Rock River Arms come to mind.

While also passing a "no bail" law statewide, which allows violent criminals to be released from jail without having to post any bond, to prey again on the law abiding citizens who are now having their firearms taken away. We've seen how well the restrictive gun laws and no bail policy has worked in New Marxist (York) city and Commiefornia?
I feel my opinion of our governor need not be stated. You guys know.

I guess gun manufacturers who make such guns in this state will be allowed to produce the weapons, but cannot sell to Illinois residents. DSArms, and Rock River Arms come to mind.
Well, the gun manufacturers need to move out of Illinois taking their jobs and taxes with them. Magpul moved to Wyoming from Colorado after the 2013 BS gun laws including magazine capacity limit passed here.

I have not read the wording in the bill. Does anyone know how they define "assault rifle"?

I'm sure that it is the typical wording.

Pistol grip, detachable magazine, flash suppressor, semi-automatic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!