Ignore list

BigKev15

AH member
Joined
Dec 28, 2023
Messages
29
Reaction score
56
Would someone kindly explain how I can use the " ignore" feature for this site. Thanks
 
Sure. Just click on the avatar of the poster. Select “ignore.” It’s that simple.
 
I never used this function on this forum - my general impression of members here is most positive (even for occasional grumpy ones, which is rare occurance).
But on other forum I used this function once, and as a result - I wouldnt see that persons posts, but he could still see mine, and comment on them. So, not much point in it. I am not sure is it the same here?

here is screenshot click on members nick, choose ignore:
1734875278299.png
 
As above, click on the avatar or the sender in the post list and hit ignore. I have a couple dozen, after the stuff never worked, mostly love potion peddlers.
 
I'm not so childish that I need to "ignore" anyone on here. Even the overtly obnoxious can sometimes post informative stuff. Two members have been abusive and vulgar. They have been the only ones I've reported. Let the moderators deal with them. No point in putting the spammers on ignore. Moderators ban them as fast as they can and spammers just change their names and start over. Ignore is a band aid at best. Not sure there is a cure.
 
I am curious if the moderators have a policy on reporting. On another forum the owner/influencer would kick some members off who bothered him with too much petty reporting.
 
I agree with @Ontario Hunter here. I still like to hear both sides of an issue. Many don't. They want to hear just one side and run with whatever they're told. But there are occasional rude, and vulgar members that should be banned............FWB
 
The big problem that I have seen with ignoring a member is that if you start reading a thread where they have posted in you miss a lot of information on what he is saying and you get into the middle of a conversation.

It's a lot like walking into a meeting that has been going on for a couple of hours, without all the information you are lost and might as well just turn around and leave.

However, I use the ignore function on this forum just to clean up the spammers post when they have posted multiple post. You place them on ignore, refresh the page and they are gone along with all of their junk.

I do go back into my ignore list a while later and unignore them since when a mod bans them they are gone forever.
 
As above, click on the avatar or the sender in the post list and hit ignore. I have a couple dozen, after the stuff never worked, mostly love potion peddlers.
i only click ignore for potions and crypto currency not other members just me
 
I like the feature when a spammer posts 48 new threads clogging up the new post list. That's the only reason I've used it.
Exactly, that's the only reason that I'd use it. There are no doubt people who's opinions don't align with mine but I wouldn't block them for that. Truth be told once I voice my opinion I could give a rats azz what you say about my post or me personally. Far too many keyboard commandos believe that what they post should be everyone's opinion. Regardless of that, I laugh at these stodgy "know it all's" !!!!
 
i only click ignore for potions and crypto currency not other members just me
How about for the voodoo “Death Spells” ads and Chinese spammers? LOL
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,334
Messages
1,573,235
Members
169,724
Latest member
MarcellaFr
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top