I think I started backwards

Welcome to the club Bill. H4831 works well for me with 200gr bullets in my .300WM. It doesn't give the greatest velocity, but accurate loads for sure.

Also IMR4350 is an old standby that tends to work with light and medium weight for caliber bullets in many calibers. I have found it to also work well at times with heavy for caliber bullets too.

Keep your eyes as open for brass as much as anything else. Remington brass has been virtually impossible for me to find for quite sometime. I do like Lapua and Norma brass. It's expensive in comparison to Remington, but it makes a difference with some bullets.

An RCBS Rockchucker kit is difficult to beat for the money.

Nothing to learning this hobby. Size your brass, prime your brass, put the appropriate amount of powder in the brass and cap it with a bullet. Just make sure you make your measurements and all will be fine.

But.....whatever you do, do not skimp on manuals. Buy the manual for the bullets your loading and/or use their websites for load data. Each bullet/brass/powder combination as well as rifle is a system unto it's own. Start your load developments well below maximum loads listed and work up to find out what is maximum/optimal for your rifle.

Thanks phil, I have learned the guy who reload are as hard core as most hunters on here and so many willing to help out. Tim(tarbe on here) did reload some 300 mags for me with 4831 for the 200 a frames and it did work go so I will look for some of that also.

Thanks phil, I have learned the guy who reload are as hard core as most hunters on here

It's an addiction that feeds perfectly an engineer's never ending desire to tinker with something that is working just fine as is. But it opens up the possibility of loading bullets that aren't available in factory ammunition and from a hunter of Africa's point of view, makes it worth the effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg