Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Australia/NZ
Hunted
USA, New Zealand, Namibia, Spain
Does anyone hunt in Uganda?
A search of the forum does find one hunt in Uganda, but I don't find much info on hunting Uganda.

I've heard they have Cape Buffalo and Nile Buffalo.

That J Alain Smith who's forever popping up on my YouTube suggested watches hunts buff there a bit. Don't think it's the cheapest way to get one though.

Uganda does indeed have some hunting there. Little bit pricey but some exceptional hunting and trophies to be had. There is a report here from a hunt this winter/spring. On the other network there are I think 1 or 2 reports. Do a search and they will pop up for you.
I really wanted to go and had about 75% of the $$ needed. Now that has gone to other bills, so who knows if I'll make it there. Perhaps. Never know how it will turn out. Go if you can. I expect that you will have a very good time.
Bruce

There was a hunt here not too long ago and it sounded amazing. I have done some research and it is definitely on my places to go list but it is not cheap. I'm not sure how much it would be to shoot a cape and a nile buff but it is going to be pricey.

Uganda Kob.jpg
In 2017 I hunted with Uganda Wildlife Safaris owned by Christian Weth in the Kafu River Basin and the Aswa Lolim Reserve. Fantastic hunting in both areas, with high game densities and excellent trophy quality. I took Nile buffalo, Jackson hartebeest, Ugandan Defassa waterbuck and Ugandan kob in Aswa Lolim and East African bushbuck, E.A. white-faced bushpig and Bohor reedbuck in the Kafu. Also spent a day fishing in Murchison Falls National Park. Great safari and highly recommend it. I am scheduled to go back in 2020 to hunt the Karamoja region for buffalo and Guenther Dik Dik. Not the least expensive buffalo hunts out there but well worth it for an East African adventure.

Last edited:
Look for Buffalo Fever on the Hunter's Video Channel.
Peter Dafner is the PH and hunts Buffalo in Uganda, might give you a taste of the place.

Here's a trailer.

I would suggest reaching out to Scott Guthrie of Zindele Safaris. I have known him since 1995 and have hunted with him several times over the years. He hunts in Uganda as well as Zimbabwe.
http://zindelesafaris.com

Definitely not the cheapest place in Africa to hunt from my research, but damn must be a blast.

I believe @JES Adventures had a recent hunt report for a trip to Uganda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeremiahSt

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double