Hunting fenced in Buffalo...

Don't see any problem here. You went out looking for trouble and under gunned. You found trouble and were under gunned. You get what you pay for.

The only issue I have is that my beloved 30.06 is being dragged through the mud and now people think it is not good enough to hunt a buff..... :A Stirring:

What amazes me really is that this takes place a day later and the biggest rifle they decided to go with was a .375... with a scope. I'm sure in the intervening 12-15 hours from crossbow to follow up they could have borrowed a real stopper that started with at least .458 and up...

30.06 and .375... very professional!
I was surprised too. When we did our buff hunt the smallest rifle was a scoped .375 and there were two .458s present in case things “went south” ! I can’t fathom the thought process for the 30/06 as the trajectory between .375 H&H and .30/06 isn’t a million miles off.
The following however is just mad, and not in a good way …. 80 ft-lbs is like using a .22LR!!!

d) Cape buffalo, the-
i) kinetic energy should not be less that 80 ft/lbs; and
ii) arrow weight should not be less than 750 grains;

I was surprised too. When we did our buff hunt the smallest rifle was a scoped .375 and there were two .458s present in case things “went south” ! I can’t fathom the thought process for the 30/06 as the trajectory between .375 H&H and .30/06 isn’t a million miles off.
The following however is just mad, and not in a good way …. 80 ft-lbs is like using a .22LR!!!

d) Cape buffalo, the-
i) kinetic energy should not be less that 80 ft/lbs; and
ii) arrow weight should not be less than 750 grains;
And no crossbows are allowed as the bolt is too short.....and the bullshitters will tell you it is not so......
And then these idiots video this shit and post it on social media and we all wonder why SA gets a bad reputation....incompetent fools......

Last edited:
I am also confused about the point you are trying to make. As Hank and Jaws note there is a lot going wrong in this scenario - I am not even entirely sure who the PH is. I am certainly unsure what a fence has to do with anything.
+1. Please explain. I don’t get point either

Illegal hunt hosted by a bunch of incompetent idiots......
I can only agree. No one here had a clue.
To adress the point made that a buff hunt on a fenced area is not a real hunt and as proof this video is provided, is weak at best.

Even caged lions bite, same with buff. The process and way in which these hunts are conducted is the question on the table.

Make no mistake there are good buff hunts in SA, but this video proves nothing. The best behavior in this video was displayed by the 12 week old Jack Russel pup someone brought along.

Hate me, agree with me that’s all fine either way but this should not be put out there as proof that SA is a legit buffalo destination.

There are great areas in SA to hunt buff but at first glance this is most definitely not one of them.
General behavior, the preparedness of those involved speaks for itself.
My best as always.
Jaco.

THEY SHOULDA HAD A BETTER CAMERA MAN TOO! HE MISSED HALF THE ACTION.

Why didn’t they shoot him when they first saw him. The hunter said they came up on him laying down and they moved around to see his head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaninaRel7

Latest profile posts

Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair