Hunting Common Reedbuck

Yes, common reedbuck, mountain reedbuck and vaal rhebok are present in South Africa. I would like to get mountain reedbuck and vaal rhebok!
 
DSCN7939.JPG
DSCN7974.JPG
DSCN8119.JPG
DSCN8142.JPG
DSCN8404.JPG
DSCN8370.JPG
 
I can never thank KMG Hunting Safaris enough for getting me wonderful vaal rhebok and mountain reedbuck trophies along with my dad who holds a very nice common reedbuck :love:
 
After 3 years from my reply to this post I finally managed to achieve the South African reedbuck slam :D
 
Congratulations! Where did you get it?
 
Congratulations! Where did you get it?
Thank you they were obtained in Eastern Cape in the hunting areas managed by Marius Goosen owner of KMG Hunting Safaris, I highly recommend going on a safari with him! Ours was a dream safari :love:
 
There's the reedbuck, the mountain reedbuck, and the grey or Vaal rhebuck, right? No mountain rhebuck?
Correct - the common or southern reedbuck, his smaller cousin the mountain reedbuck and then the Vaal rhebuck.

Some confusion comes in because in Afrikaans the mountain reedbuck and vaal rhebok have similar names. Rooi ribbok (literally red rhebuck) for the mountain reedbuck, and vaal ribbok (translates to grey rhebuck) for the vaal rhebuck.

Rhebuck/ribbok is a bastardization of the roe buck name from Europe, applied by the European settlers 400+ years ago.
 
That looks like a small Waterbuck. Wow
 
Expectional free range common reedbuck. The elements were against us, with rain and mist making visibility poor. Spotting this ram was down to pure hunting luck at 300m. The shot was taken at 250m due to the mist AND rain. It was a now of never shot. This was such an amazing harvest of a free range trophy in the hill tops of Dullstroom.

IMG_buck2.jpg
IMG_reedbuck.jpg
IMG_reedbuck2.jpg
1676625581622.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,197
Members
169,505
Latest member
CharliL771
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top