Hunters being "Canned"

HHS, look at the other side of the coin as well, we can't export our(Mozambique) elephant to the USA, so our market group is a lot smaller and we have to drop our prices to get hunters from other countries.

Simon I fully understand your point,in the same way it reinforces mine that we are running out of places were we can do what we love. I for one cannot go to SA and hunt a exportable Elephant ever,just way too expensive and I cannot justify the cost compared to what other places use to be.7 years ago a Zim tuskless was cheap and crossing the border to hunt them was not a issue,now the price has doubled,hippo the same and as we run out of options the prices will not go down,that I am sure of.
Folks can say but as the price increase and less get hunted more animals are born and eventually the price will drop,this is not true. Nothing new about pinning prices and protecting those prices by shooting surplus yourself or with a group of friends,that is simply good business and its been done for a while. DG hunting was in reach for most of us 4 years ago,not so anymore and all the new drama is just going to make it harder and more expensive.
When Botswana closed you could already see the impact on Buff in SA,think that trend will continue exponentially with other DG after Zim and their lion issue,not on lion maybe,but on Buff,Elephant and Hippo for sure.

Fully agree with you hunthardsafari.

I think the buff prices in SA is due to the breeders, if you look at the plains game, the color breeders have made the prices shoot sky high. Percentage wise blesbuck as example have gone up 400% in a year. I couldn't believe when I herd kudu are going as high as 5000$, if over 55 inches.

TMS, your hunts are very nicely priced, believe me every night I wish I could hunt leopard with you. They are very well priced.
I think the price of elephant hunts are nuts right now, they use to be A LOT cheaper. I'm seriously kicking myself for not trying to do it 15 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiuseppeMc

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you