Hunt in Namibia

Abby

New member
Joined
Dec 22, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
5
Location
Vancouver, Canada
Hello,

I have never been to Africa and I'm new to this forum but was hoping to ask some questions and get some help. Im thinking of going to Namibia on a family/hunting trip with young kids youngest is a year old in 2018, do you guys think this is okay or safe for them. I want to hunt Rhino or Elephant and I am trying to decide between Ndumo hunting safaris and Aru games lodge I know they are both great Outfits but for my group what would be the better choice. If anyone has some knowledge or advice would be appreciated.
This might be rookie question is it hard to import Rhino trophy and horn to Canada?

Thank You
Abby
 
Love Namibia honestly. I wasn't aware you could hunt chobe bushbuck there. I would imagine getting a permit for one would be difficult. I m hoping to get back there in 2019 for leopard.
 
........
This might be rookie question is it hard to import Rhino trophy and horn to Canada?
No. You require a CITES permit.
 
Hello,

I have never been to Africa and I'm new to this forum but was hoping to ask some questions and get some help. Im thinking of going to Namibia on a family/hunting trip with young kids youngest is a year old in 2018, do you guys think this is okay or safe for them. I want to hunt Rhino or Elephant and I am trying to decide between Ndumo hunting safaris and Aru games lodge I know they are both great Outfits but for my group what would be the better choice. If anyone has some knowledge or advice would be appreciated.
This might be rookie question is it hard to import Rhino trophy and horn to Canada?

Thank You
Abby
Abby
I can highly recommend ARU for your family safari. They have rhino on their property, but the elephant hunt is in caprivi and I would not be taking a 1 year old there. It is a tent camp and certainly a malaria area. The plains game hunting location is totally safe and only 1 hour fromWDH airport. I would not hesitate to take children to Namibia as it is a dry country (except Caprivi area) so there is little risk of malaria and it is a safe English speaking country.
Feel free to PM me if you need more info on ARU Safaris.
Philip
 
Love Namibia honestly. I wasn't aware you could hunt chobe bushbuck there. I would imagine getting a permit for one would be difficult. I m hoping to get back there in 2019 for leopard.
Yes the Caprivi Strip has strict quotas and you have to book ahead to get a permit for some animals. I saw a beautiful chobe bushbuck there but no permit of course!
Philip
 
Abby
I can highly recommend ARU for your family safari. They have rhino on their property, but the elephant hunt is in caprivi and I would not be taking a 1 year old there. It is a tent camp and certainly a malaria area. The plains game hunting location is totally safe and only 1 hour fromWDH airport. I would not hesitate to take children to Namibia as it is a dry country (except Caprivi area) so there is little risk of malaria and it is a safe English speaking country.
Feel free to PM me if you need more info on ARU Safaris.
Philip
 
You might want to consider Botha & Caroline at Acacia Hunting Safaris. They have a five month old son, so it would be a friendly place for young children. Botha enjoys hunting with kids. I have hunted with them twice. Once in 2015 and this past July , 2017. My wife also hunted on both trips. Botha has a dangerous game license. He has rhino on his property, but for elephant you would have to hunt in the caprivi, where he also guides.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,267
Messages
1,571,071
Members
169,251
Latest member
EdwardoMee
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top